Long time smoker here are my first 2 plants any advice is appreciated

it does to an extent…when pollinated she starts to focus on converting her energy to the seeds rather than to resin production.

So the male how long is his pollen good for our how’s it work won’t be die soon

not 100% certain but I think you can save the pollen if you want to…put it in a ziplock baggy

1 Like

Also how long is average flowering stages she’s been flowering about 2 weeks now how much longer am I looking at for flower development… Has anyone else noticed the main stalk getting purple streaks up it and alot of stems are turning people on top too I’m pretty stoked this will be my first ever successful grow so can’t wait to harvest cure and taste lol

flowering time is based on strain… most flower for about 8 weeks,…some take as long as 12 weeks…as always,…watch the pistels and trichomes,… they flower until they are done.

1 Like

Thanks man appreciate it what about the purple I’m wondering if it’s a deficiency or possible strain color if you look in some pics the stems are purple on top green under and the main stalk has purple stripes going down it now

some strains do it naturally,…others will do it when the temps start to drop at night… most times it is nothing to stress over although on some few occasions it can be due to plant stress…as long as the plant is healthy and progressing I would not stress over it,…enjoy the beauty of the plant.

oh…and add pics,…so we can enjoy it as well…

@MacGyverStoner @latewood @Hammer … does the purple stems here indicate an issue?

Purple can be because of strain, and yes it can also because of cold overnight temps.

This little amount of purpling on the leaf stalks and somewhat on the stems is probably not much to worry about, especially without any other significant deficiency signs in the leaf or leaf veins.

A little extra cal/mag supplement often helps with this type of purpling. You could try adding a little epsom salt to some of your feedings or waterings and see if it lessens or goes away.

What are your nights getting down to? It is very likely it might only be the cooling weather.

Happy growing,

MacG

2 Likes

It blows my mind if you scroll up and look at what this plant look like a month ago!!!

1 Like

1 Like