Long time listener, first time grower…

Looking for some feedback. This girl looks to be a little wind burned (not sure). One leaf seems to be drying out/curling. Should I snip the leaf?

2 Likes

that leaf is huge but looks fine to me

1 Like

No harm in plucking it off…

4 Likes

Maybe water spilt or something… either way definitely can go… is it an auto or a photo?

2 Likes

She has nice shape. Can remove all the big fans at bottom whether auto or photo. More energy will go to new growth and other fans to make up that loss. You will see a burst of new growth in a week. Just my thoughts. As long as vegging more leeway. Once flowering I personally only do 1 at start then go with it.

2 Likes

@SnkeyezCobra She’s an auto. I read online to be careful pruning autos because they don’t have as much time to recover, so I was thinking of just leaving it. She’s a month old, and they say auto gdp starts flowering around 8 weeks. Probably plenty of time to recover, just wanted to see what people thought

1 Like

I clip fans on my 4+ week old autos – because they often provide a total umbrella of shade. But, I don’t see anything that looks wrong with the leaf.

1 Like

Thanks @GrnyGrows, here’s a view from the top, fan leaves definitely providing shade. Anything wrong with just leaving it?

1 Like

I’m not the one to answer that – as I’m a newbie, on my 3rd grow. She’s just beautiful. If it were me, I’d be removing those monster fan leaves for two reasons 1) more light penetration (and airflow as time goes on) and to keep up with my defol program. When I wait too long to start LST and defol, I end up with – a total, unruly bush.

3 Likes

You can snip the big funky leaf. Won’t hurt it. A leaf or two every now and then won’t hurt them.

2 Likes

You are definitely correct about not as much with autos… but I know they can take a bit… @OGIncognito any advice for as a fellow auto grower? I would take that bottom one and two of the top ones atleast… but someone correct me if I’m wrong… I am growing photos
Maybe these? @kaptain3d anyone? Just want to give good information…

2 Likes

I believe you are correct, but I’m not really an Auto grower… I think @Dr.ofSmokology would know for sure… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Looks like some solid pointers and take those large fans that are about 4-6” above the medium :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

holy crap its been a while since ive been on here. ya id remove those fan leaves that come from the main stalk as the lower branches try to grow out from underneath.

4 Likes

@Jonny420 hows it growing now?

1 Like

I just let the girls do their thing. Weird though, I ordered all GDP from ILGM and I got two totally different plants. One was differently GDP and the other was definitely not GDP. Harvested and drying at the moment though :+1:

2 Likes

Well they can definitely have different phenotypes… I know all three of my AK47 came out different… not to sure but congrats on the harvest!!

1 Like