Long Time Listener, First Time Grower - is it time to harvest?

Hi All,

I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times - first time grower, not sure if it’s time to harvest.

I have two AK-47 auto-flower plants and one Purple Haze feminized. Grown in pots outdoors on a roof in NYC. Says these have around a 10 week grow cycle, they’ve been up for over 12 weeks now so they should be ready but the plants seem small to me. Then again this is my first try so what do i know ?

What do y’all think, am i ready ? And, probably a silly question but is there anything i can use to dry that’s enclosed to keep the odor under control (i live in a city apartment)

thanks !
Corey

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! Do you have close up pictures of the trichomes?

i don’t but i’ll take some in the light tomorrow and update the photos

1 Like

They are small but that’s the nature of autos sometimes. If they don’t get optimal grow conditions from day 1, they can be stunted. That’s just fine. My first auto was 12” tall from base to top and yielded .65oz. So next to nothing for all the time and energy it took :rofl:

You can always tell because once they have the “hedgehog” explosion of white pistils, they’re pretty much as big as they’re gonna get, maybe 1-2” more but mostly no. If they’re small when they start stacking buds, they’ll be small throughout.

By the way, the real Q for readiness is both the trichomes up close and how many weeks has she been flowering?

1 Like

hopefully these are close enough to see the trichomes. to be honest, i’m not sure how long they’ve been flowering. I put them outside in pots after the seedling stage around 13 weeks ago. It’s gotten down to the mid-40’s at night and not the greatest light here in November. If they aren’t ready, should i pull them inside and use a grow light ?

hopefully these are close enough to see the trichomes. to be honest, i’m not sure how long they’ve been flowering. I put them outside in pots after the seedling stage around 13 weeks ago. It’s gotten down to the mid-40’s at night and not the greatest light here in November. If they aren’t ready, should i pull them inside and use a grow light ?

1 Like

Closer still - it’ll look more like this:

But based on the fact that the pistils are brown and receded, they’re probably pretty close to ready. I can’t say with certainty but it’s a safe bet. I can certainly give the generic answer, which is “one to two more weeks” :laughing:

Ok, I hate to be the potential bearer of bad news, but I must say…those buds look like they might have seeds

1 Like

what does that mean ? the buds won’t be viable ?

It’s hard to say, I would check out a bud and see if it’s seedy… hopefully I’m wrong, but it looks like a possibility to me

If it is seedy you might just have to pick seeds out like we did in the 70s

Like I said I hope I’m wrong and just don’t know

oh i see, annoying but not fatal. the buds don’t look seedy, i think i’m good

Awesome
I’m glad they are not seedy