Long time gardener + outdoor experience, new to indoor. Looking for any advice

Didn’t really keep track, but looking above it looks like I was 2 1/2 weeks into flower (true flower, not flip to 12/12) on Oct 29th, so what, about 6 weeks into flower. yesterday I was guessing I have about 2 weeks left, will jsut have to se how the trichs ripen up

Yeah, I may look into baking soil in the future. Instead of brining worms in from outside, may look into raising red worms indoors again. Did that for a while, but just one other thing to pay attention to. My memory is so foggy as to the soil recipes we used back in the nineties, may have to hit one of my old growing buddies to see if he remembers. I think he also used to do more indoor at the time, so may have other ideas. Somehow family and work got in the way and derailed those days of pouring everything we had into the grows.

If she went into full flower (pistils) oct 29. Ur only around 3 weeks into flower. N have 6-7 left ideally

@garrigan62 has some amazing soil recipes. There are a couple around here id trust but his definitely. I think he has it almost ph balanced n if done correctly its almost a seed to harvest soil.

1 Like

sorry for confusing answer, not enough coffee in system yet. She was 2 1/2 weeks into flower on the 29th, so entered flower around the 10th. I was doing fuzzy math without a calendar in front of me lol

Oooo my bad. Need coffee too lol

1 Like

Thanks. I found one of his recipes, then lost track of where it was before bookmarking it. A friend of mine is making up batches of super soil (I plan on mixing some up in the next month or so for late winter grow), and would be interested to compare the recipes. @garrigan62, is yours a super soil that you add to just the bottom 1/3 of your container, and top off rest with plain potting soil, so that the roots access it when the plant is big and strong enough to handle it?

Thats the general jist of most hot soils. Place it deeper so only strong developed roots can get to it. I do
Bottom 3rd 100% super soil
Mid 3rd 50/50 supersoil/potting soil
Top 3rd regular potting soil.

Don’t forget ur perlite

1 Like

Love me some perlite. Always have on hand for potting up seedling in the spring. veg seedlings are going to be happy this year with an actual grow room start to their season woohoo!

1 Like

Do you reuse your soil at the end of the season? Maybe use it in the middle section with added ingredients, or on top as your untreated potting soil? Or is it too unpredictable what nutes may or may not be left? After this grow my soil will probably go into compost, but once I really get into making my own, it would be nice to figure out how to get multiple uses out of it

1 Like

@Grum,

Two, Bottom flower and top vegg.

Well, harvest came a week or two early due to snow storm Monday night into Tuesday that took out Power from 3:00 am Tuesday Morning until about 5:00 pm Thursday evening. after day two temp inside tent was about 45, but the humidity rose to 80%. Moved plants out into basement, in front of window. Temp was still in 40’s, but humidity dropped to around 50% without dehumidifier running down there. I gotta say it was funny watching my kids try to pretend the plants weren’t there when they went in to grab firewood. When power finally came back on I got them back under lights for another day, but was getting worried by white patches on leaves. Take a look at bottom photo, and you should be able to see what I’m talking about on leaf near bottom of photo. I’m not sure if that was start of some sort of fungus, or if it is salts leaching out. So anyway, the trichs on main colas were more than 50% cloudy with a few turning amber, which for me is almost where I like it, but I was hoping to harvest the colas, and let the under ripe lower buds fatten up and ripen a bit more. I realize that the plants probably would have done ok once I could control light, heat and humidity once again, but my experience with outdoors took sway, and once things started going sideways I went into damage control state of mind. oh well. While I do have a generator, we had to make decisions, and just couldn’t justify diverting most of the juice to the grow room.

2 Likes

By the way, the two upper photos of the plants prior to harvest were taken Monday evening before losing power. Didn’t take any photos after storm,a nd before harvest, because we were too focussed on snow removal etc… They did ripen up a bit more before harvest.

1 Like

Congratulations on the harvest!

2 Likes

Man they lookd good bro. Should be mighty dope smoke regardless :wink:. Damage control was more then likely the best call. :beers::beers::beers: on the harvest

1 Like

They were really fattening up nicely. This whole week was so crazy. Physically I was getting my work done, and was everywhere I had to be, but mentally was certainly not in the game, so it was hard to make reasoned decisions around harvest or not. Any thoughts on the white that was developing on the leaves? I know there is not much to go by in these photos, but it was on a number of leaves. Could be DE that was on the floor of tent and soil that went airborne, or salt build up or some sort of fungus. It wiped off fairly easily with moist fingers.

1 Like

No idea man. U could have let them go and the swell would have been nice. But it could have been devastating. Win win this way. Rinse the tent. Get the jars ready

1 Like

Something I was thinking about this past week with no internet or tv distraction, wondering if any of you have thoughts on this. Years ago when I grew outdoors, I would grow both in ground, and also in 5 gal buckets, often times 50-80 ft up in pine trees. I understand that the ph in my in ground grows was not a big issue because it was able to self balance a little more than in my indoor grow, but I never checked PH even in the buckets, and never had issues. I just threw in some lime when mixing my soil, and let her rip. The only amendments I ever added were fish emulsion during veg, then PK teas in flower. Any thoughts on why PH was more of an issue with my indoor grow, vs no problems in outdoor bucket grows? I don’t think I even added any lime into the indoor soil this past august, yet high PH continued to be an issue. Granted I’m sure the well water was different in the house I lived in then, even though it was only about 5 miles from where I live now.

1 Like

Lime is a good buffer as well. To my understanding it keeps it around 7. Emulsion and nutes and the like pull down. So guess it just evend out. Also the ground is the ultimate buffer.

So yea. Dolomite lime cooked into somekinda supersoil would be awesome.

Thanks for verifying my thought process on this. Either way I’m happy with the product. Definitely need to clean tent. I was getting some sort of flies in the last three weeks. Never caught any to check what they were, and the storm hit right before I was able to get sticky tape. We’ve gotten over a foot and a half of snow just in November. Could be a wild ride this year.

1 Like