Long flower period

Still all healthy plants down to 12 weeks into flower now. Set into 12 hour light Sept 1st. This is the only thing confusing me. 1st grow with big LED’s, flowering seems to be going longer 76 days, still getting new white pistols and buds continue to fill out. I been checking trichomes and still very few ambers. I have harvested 3 as their pistols and bud growth had stopped and was seeing vey few amber trichomes. I have even cut light back to 10.5 a day. Yellow and or dieing leaves are a little more present on some plants
Not sure if it is the LED lights or just the strains, White Widow, Purple Kush, Skywalker OG, Gold Leaf, Blue Haze
Can post pictures

1 Like

Sounds like its finishing up.

2 Likes

And possible foxtailing. My NL autos pushed out fresh white pistils right up until harvest. Hard to judge trichomes when the plant keeps pushing out new bud growth.
@1BadbudCan you post a pic of some buds so we can see what you are dealing with?

1 Like

That also can that happen if you are still adding nitrogen late in flower.

A pic of the plant and the buds would help alot (in normal lighting or darkness with flash on)

Some genetics take a miss step and take a long time. It happens from. Time to time but multiple plants seems strange.

1 Like

Mine did it every time I flushed…

1 Like

I have been off any nitrogen for 6 weeks min. I have been in continued flush mode for 3+ weeks even though these are Organically grown in Ocean FF soil /custom mix living soil.
Yes I am getting some foxtailing on certain plants no question about it just how bad I not experienced enough to make that call.

Group shot with lights on will follow up with scoped trichomes

3 Likes

Apparently my trichome pictures are saved on my usb microscope will get the out of grow house tomorrow and post them

1 Like

Hope so posted a few pics Thanks

1 Like

Thank You posted some bud poses

posted some pics, trichomes tomorrow have left the grow house

Your fox tailing, to much light/heat stress.
All those new pistil growth is not ideal and doesn’t taste good.

1 Like

Hey @1Badbud it’s in the genetics of most purple stains to foxtail. The b 52 nutes are supposed to help with foxtails I’ve never tried it but heard that it does.

I have all LED lights (very little heat dissipation) and have been ample distance from the plants, room is temp and humidity controlled, have been on a good water schedule as mentioned I cut light back to even shorter cycle. Just dont want to harvest to early if I still do not have much signs of amber trichomes.
Thanks for your reply

2 Likes

Just a thought, is there a chance that they were pollinated?

all female seeds from ILGM no signs of male plants was close monitored

2 Likes

Checked tricombs of the other parts of the buds they look done I think…
Sorry getting late so many posts

1 Like

NP much thanks, but have microscope hooked to a small laptop, take samples from various plants, trim back the sugar leaves. roll bud over top middle and bottom. My wife call me Bill Ney the science guy. Pretty thorough.
I do see spots were the milky trichomes have disappeared I am wondering if the transition time from milky to amber to a spot and what time frame it could happen in and if that is a possibility. I believe I am close I do see random amber trichomes, I have harvested 4 plants with maybe 10-15% amber trichomes. Last harvest this week was wilting and branches turning yellow almost no fan leaves left maybe 10% ambers??

1 Like

I usually judge a foxtailing plants ripeness by its smaller under buds since they tend to foxtail less often and are the last to darken their pistils so when they’re 100% cloudy triched you know the upper buds are more then ready for plucking

2 Likes

I agree you have some foxtails coming in there, may want to disregard those pistils.

2 Likes