Log time smoker- First time grow

I bought a 100x digital microscope and have a frame I mount it on and it allows me to get good pics. Took a while to get it clear. But worth the outcome… Will post a new lot of pics of the trichomes in a few days…

1 Like

White Widow is more of a “let’s get shit done” smoke. It’s great during the day. If you’re looking for a decent, kick back, put on Pink Floyd and chill type of smoke, you should try Girl Scout Cookies.

My two cents.

2 Likes

From what the picture shows mostly cloudy with some amder give her a week the flush for two if in soil just a thought may @yoshi could help with explaining this but cut your light cycle to 11/13 for a week the to 10/14 the rest of the way your plant will look like someone dipped her in sugar @yoshi gave me the heads up on it and ill tell you i was very happy with the outcome

This is my gorilla glue buds harvested a month ago and its killer smoke my wife loves it

4 Likes

Check out my gorilla glue #4 clone grow it was my first as well

Maybe you can help me out ?

Most of those pictures I would call them mostly cloudy maybe 70% or greater, would you agree ?

This is not a trick question I have a tremor and I have trouble focusing on my own plants

I do better looking at pictures like this and then trying to compare my own

I’m trying to get a feel what most people think that plant is, I think it’s 70/30 cloudy (+/-)
-thanks

1 Like

yes, mostly cloudy…

beyond trichomes, tho, there has to be a way for a grower to determine ripeness without a magnifier…

a flower with a bunch of old, fat calyxes (seed pods), the hairs have darkened and receded and you can really tell one unfertilized calyx from another, covered in trichomes…the bud is no longer a flat mound of hairs but a pile of calyces.
there will always be fresh white hairs appearing, gotta harvest before the plant goes bad.

that’s a plant ready to be picked, today, tomorrow, soon.

I’d rather grow a plant with a higher CBD ratio than go 50/50 amber

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I saw too, thanks

I’m often surprised at how much Amber some people let their plants go to, myself 10 - 20% maximum and that would depend on strain, but certainly everyone’s particular likes are different

2 Likes

I agree with everyone…when you think it’s ready, wait a week

hopefully people can try a variety, get the medicines needed whether energizing or relaxing…

10-20% amber, you know it’s done…

I also agree, everyone has their preferences

1 Like

Im a newbie but i dont understand why you would need to flush or change light schedule when you havent used any nutrients and its an auto so you dont need to do anything with lights. Either im about to learn something when the tepkies hit or people arent reading thoroughly about the details of this grow.Someone with 2 good eyes straighten this out please especially about the flushing when no nutes have been used

I took a look at your grow to see how my widow will look at flower.My widow isnt looking like this. Mine is short and dense.of course mine has been grown under lights not sunlight

i hope my buds turn out nice like yours.

If you’ve never used nutrients then you have no problem. All flushing is in fact is NOT using nutrients. It’s just watering. (For the record, if you’re using absolutely zero nutrients, your chances of getting the results a lot of these guys are getting is less than zero.)

As far as light schedule, it’s to mimic the outdoors. Seasons change and as the earth pivots on its axis, the amount and spectrum of light changes. That’s why indoor growers change the lighting: to mimic the changes that take place in nature.

Just because something is an auto-flower strain doesn’t mean you can’t still benefit from doing everything you can to trick the plant into believing that it’s outdoors in the real world.

1 Like

@TacoMac ya i was talking about this guy here. People are suggesting flushing but he hasnt used nutes so i thought it was a waste of time was my point also. But good info you gave.im using nutes so i will be flishing when i get to that point

These are a new lot of pics of the trichomes, Just wonder what people think

4 Likes

What kind of high you looking for if i was me i would start your flush now that is looking ready to harvest :blush:

3 Likes

I am pretty easy going on what high I get. I have harvested both my plants now and have the drying. Got a great yield from both plants, Second one had a fair bit more on it. Really impressed with both plants grown in winter. Thanks for all the suggestions, It’s been a great first grow. They where both suppose to be white widow auto’s, But one has a real tangy smell and the other is a really sweet smell…

4 Likes

You did very well for yourself now time to top that grow. Everything you learned put it to good use and youll do better and better congrats
Happy growing

Sweet grow!!! Great looking results… And they are both most likely white widow autos if that’s what you ordered just cause they smell different doesn’t really mean anything just different phenos…

1 Like

No problems Bobby, Wasn’t sure why they were so different. I got a way better yield from the second plant. But just happy the did so well.

I’m happy you did so good as well… Mine if I ask how much you ended up with? Just curious

I haven’t weighted it yet, Will wait till I dry it… But will let you know…

1 Like