LJ’s Journal of delicious canna babies

Does anyone else obsess over taking pics of their plants?

2 Likes

GG is 3 weeks into flower today. I’ve been adding Ozi Magic grow juice to the 9-10 litres of water she chugs down every day. Other than that just leaving her be.

2 Likes

The bagseed is two weeks into flower, clearly sativa dominant so I’m presuming she may take longer to finish flowering? I ran out of pics of her today and now she’s in bed asleep so here’s Madeline.

4 Likes

No you’re not by yourself, I think we all like taking the pics…lol You have all your girls on point LJ, very nice work. You are gonna be a monster in your upcoming new gro space :muscle: :sunglasses: :peace_symbol: :heart:

1 Like

LJ, Your grow isnt restricted to one space or even tents. Your surroundings always make for must see. The occasional bug, bird, flower, and :smiley_cat: pics are always new. Hows it feel to “be seen as not boring”? The mary jane pics arent bad either.

Love your passion, it shows.

3 Likes

Nice to see a cat belly-up I think a sign of trust. When they let ya rub their belly then it’s for sure.
I take dozens of pics when in flower, like many of them don’t really look right. It’s proper to be damn proud of your garden, or any efforts aint it!

1 Like

LJ, how long have you been growing? I showed up in late July, just assumed by seeing your skillz on training and such that youve been at it for awhile.

1 Like

Wow thanks mate :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love being able to come here and rabbit on about plants with peeps who understand. And no I consider myself a noob. These current 4 are my 5,6,7 and 8th. 9th if I count one that turned out to be male (from a feminised seed too). I’m a social worker actually lol and I discovered gardening during a long lock down. And it became my therapy after a lot of bad shit had happened to me. Then not long after that I found a little bag seed one day…and the rest is on this thread :laughing: it’s just that, when I really get into something I hyperfocus and that helps the learning process.

It’s hard to get a pic of Layla because she does not concern herself with common human nonsense. But look how good that sativa looks behind her. Delish.

2 Likes

Yes and the next level sign is if they sit just chilling with their back turned completely to you. I find looking at the plants in the pics helped me with the training of this one. For some reason you see things you don’t otherwise notice.

@NUG61 mate I think no truer words were ever spoken. :laughing: I’m already thinking could I install a glass roof panel and convert part of it to a ‘greenhouse’? There’s a drain in the room so can I set up proper drainage? Can I set up some sort of custom ventilation etc? Can I make the immediate outside space work with the indoor set up? Bwahaha :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

posting a timeline of this clever GG clone and what I did with her.

She broke off her mumma in about mid or early December, just a little growth shoot. The shoot went straight into this 5 gall air pot of freshly watered potting mix which she shared for a while. I left her outside and forgot but when it turned cold I put that glass dome on her which she loved because nice and humid (by cold I meant southern hemisphere sub tropical cold lol).

She seemed to latch on to Mother Earth again fast, it was literally seconds from the time she left the other plant to being in the ground, so that might be noteworthy.

I realise she’s doing well so I very carefully took her out and into her own place, I didn’t even try to check out her roots, just straight into this nursery pot.

Which she is starting to grow out of.

I kept her on the same nutes, and mostly outside (which is where she happened to be when I took her so in the sunlight).

Now I’m paying closer attention to her, moving her around to chase the sun and filling in the 18/6 light gaps with LED (blurple). When she’s a bit taller I’ll put her back in the tent under the new tsw2000.

5 Likes

Repotted the clone as I decided to flower her. Lovely root system.

She likes the new light.

I’ve stopped calling this a canopy but she’s doing well, sticky as, really pungent.

Coming home last night, I was alarmed because I could smell her halfway down the hall.

4 Likes

That girl putting off the dankness :rofl: :rofl: :sunglasses:

1 Like

This mystery bagseed is right at the stage I love. Just beautiful. She smells strongly of banana.

4 Likes

She beautiful LJ :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Big time :laughing:

1 Like

Now you can see some of the interior branches that didnt make it to the top and make a good bud. Next time you can judge better which ones to take out early. You are gonna have some big buds sister. Very nice work :sunglasses: :peace_symbol: :heart:

Little girl is gonna be stacked up too.

1 Like

Definitely making notes on it to improve next time. Can that clone just grow one large bud?

1 Like

If you train it to, and take all the other nodes off.

1 Like

That girl has some super long looking pistils. She’s gorgeous :heart_eyes:.
Love me some nanners. Our one strain has not gotten boring yet. Mama said the superb soil banana kush in grove bag smells like banana pudding, were as the bk from str8 coco in grove bag smells like a fresh slice of banana bread. Two different smells, both smoke the same, very smooth, and kinda creeps up on you, then one hit can be “donk” dang I’m stoned to the bone hit.

2 Likes