LJ’s Journal of delicious canna babies

Gorilla girlie is still cooking away here. Does she look normal for 3 wks in?

3 Likes

Yes she does, i would take most of the lower big fans now :sunglasses:

1 Like

More local bird shots

Sulphur crested cockatoos and rainbow lorikeets.

Bats in the distance there. They travel over my apartment every night to the local eatery.

5 Likes

@NUG61 how much lower do you mean?

I leave the top 3 sets on every branch, anything below that, that has stem showing i take out. Its still a judgement call but you will certainly increase air flow and focus energy on bud growth.

• looking back at the pic. any fan that has stem showing, 4" above the net i would take.
1 Like

cool, we just passed a great part of year with migratory birds passing through but I was only able to get pics of native birds. Missed a cardinal, he was a very intense red. Yours look like something from a pet store, colors we don’t see much.

IMG_2844

4 Likes

Wow, that rootball wasn’t 10% of the last one thst i saw posted.

LJ, is that caused by ph issue?  Locked nutes out?

Most experienced growers say, Bigger root, bigger fruit.
Gonna ask around on possible causes.

1 Like

She looks better today after having a few leaves removed. More?? :thinking:

I’m learning the benefit of the slow water after using it on the tomatoes. This 5 litre pressure spray works perfectly. She got plain PHed water last night over about 45 mins. I’ve also started lowering the ph with vinegar instead of ph down.

This clone seems fine and is definitely growing. I call her Maisie. Only fellow nerds will get that.

3 Likes

Right? Crazy difference for the same strain planted 6 weeks apart. I’d appreciate you asking and I can give more information about her too if that helps. She did have some roots venturing further down in the pot but that main root ball came up too easily, and it reminded me that, when she was in veg I noticed that her main stem just didn’t feel as firmly in the ground as it should have. But then she stayed healthy and finished her cycle.

@Jaysittinback gorgeous birds. These guys are all native as well. The bats sleep at the beach all day then hop over to a local park to eat at night. The colours of some of those birds reflect the local flora which is really vibrant. There are so many more species that I never capture. We have Ibis that have migrated to cities when their habitat is destroyed. They have the most amazing prehistoric sounding call.

Old school friend used pickle juice all the time. Most all things used to adjust water was out of the fridge.

2 Likes

Like slow food, slow living… it’s a way of life. Did the slow life thing catch on around the world? Should have by now.

1 Like

I’ve also noticed some red stems on her so keeping an eye on that. But she’s looking nice and nasty now.

If you have pollinators in the garden it’s a good sign you have a healthy eco space, and few pests.

2 Likes

Just disturbed this little lady by brushing her web accidentally. I don’t recognise her so she may be a baby of something bigger. She looks a lot like the golden orb weaver that was here before.

Edit: it’s a garden orb weaver. Harmless.

3 Likes

Now I’m worried when I see it in seedlings because of recent haps.
On a strong adult red stems dont worry me. But I need to learn more about that.
Funny, everything here is almost harmless. The most venomous thing is a wasp.

I’ve had seedlings with a distinctive purple collar but I put that down to genetics. gDPs.

She looks better today after losing about a kilo of leaves. I thought the tent would be cooler but it’s actually hotter. Then so is the weather now.

This girl won’t be needing any defol.

I have to give her a good watering twice a day in that 1 1/2 gall pot.

It’s harder to predict the reading but I hate the chemicals. I spilled some ph down on a rug and it disintegrated before my eyes.

You opened her up nicely LJ, nice work sister. Everybody looks very happy :sunglasses: :peace_symbol: :heart:

2 Likes

Now that I have a clone established I guess I need to read a bit on clone care. She’s grown about four inches and has some nice looking roots showing.

1 Like