Living Soil, Rhizosphere, Microbes, and Bro Science

black soilder fly larvae in full production mode…

I’m just topped a plant with goat poop… will keep you posted if it’s safe to use without composting it first…

hope it don’t burn the plant

6 Likes

@Mrcrabs , WoW you can’t any fresher than that. Black soldier fly larvae is great for our plants

3 Likes

Yes sir…they are great composters with a huge appetite… the goat manure wasn’t fresh either… it was aged about there months just to try and eliminate the excess nitrogen from the urine and also sund dried… :dash::dash::v:t3:

2 Likes

Plants use 40% of the energy in photosynthesis to make simple sugars (carbs) and organic acids in the root zone .The carbs and acids attract and feed the microbes. There are three types of microbes (as far as I know LOL) one type doesn’t repopulate and stay in the root zone. Second type produce nutrients for your plant ,from processing the carbs. And the third is microbes that go out and bring back nutrients for the plant to process with the organic acids. The plant and microbes communicate with each other and adjust to get needed sustenance. I don’t think the plant is controlling the microbes, or vice versa. I think it’s some type of symbiotic agreement.

3 Likes

Great info Luke. Thank you for sharing that. Yes, the plants and microbes have a ($50 dollar word>) “symbiotic” relationship! And even deliver!!!

1 Like

Bro science, holding your inhale to get higher. 95% of cannabinoids are processed in the first couple of seconds. most people thought we was getting higher, what was actually happening, When holding in smoke, you deprive your brain of oxygen, while supplementing with bonus carbon monoxide .

2 Likes

that pretty much gets me higher!

3 Likes

I just stop doing it, (felt silly after getting the facts ) it’s just not good for you , but I have been doing it for decades

2 Likes

Brother I’m new to growing kinda but I have bin using mykos n my pots r filled with roots n i grow auto’s but hey maybe I jus Got lucky

3 Likes

I use mycorrhizae also when transplanting, but if you want the full effect, Myco needs 4-5 months and in a no till grow. Mycos can live for years in the ground.

3 Likes

This is totally off topic. A while ago you posted about using a Whynter 14SH portable AC. I am looking for a good one for my space with total under 200 sq ft with 3x3 tent and a 32"x72" closet. Would you recommend the model you have? I want one that also heats and no condensate to dispose of.
Thank you

Love my unit , it handles a large area. The heater could be better. A great supplemental heater .

Thanks for getting back to me. I am considering that Whynter unit and Midea MAP10HS1WBL. It is a little smaller and has heat. Heat is a desired feature but as a supplemental source.

1 Like

I don’t want to worry about nutes now!

5 Likes

2nd day of flower in Coot’s soil mix , looks like I’m going to have a height issue. We will see over the next three weeks. This is the first time I was hoping on stunted growth.

3 Likes

KoolHandLuke-
I think its cool that you are growing in coot’s mix. Everybody is always looking for that magic amendment or soil to grow with. Buyer beware. It’s just a shame that you really have to research so much to see if something is/does what it’s supposed to. Sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go. At least for my radiated brain,lol. Peace…

4 Likes

This is what I learned today. If you see the start of PM (powdery mildew) in flower ph a spray bottle of distilled water to 9-10ph and spray your plants. Make sure you have fans going. You don’t want water just sitting on your buds. And time your fans to go off at lights off .You can control humidity better with no fans. Fans raise your humility… high alkalinity of water will kill pm on contact

3 Likes

Fans lower humidity not raise it

1 Like

Depends on your setup . Fans will increase the evaporation of the water in your media ,which will increase your RH% . You can offset that by exhausting the added moisture.

That’s good to kno… So if I kill my fans n jus leave exhaust running hat may lower my RH???or atkeast in tent