Living Soil, Rhizosphere, Microbes, and Bro Science

@Suckerpunch, yes it looks like my search for a dry concentrate, has come up empty. Second option is fresh frass . I will be looking into DFW organics. Thank you

2 Likes

I also make my own bone char… it’s porous, give the soil l aeration and give the microbes a place to live plus provides large amounts of readily available phosphorus And calcium that’s needed throughout every stage of life in a plants life cycle…

second pic is finished product…:+1:t4::dash::dash:

6 Likes

You should check out langbeinite. I feel like my bud smells way better since I started to use it. High in potassium, magnesium and sulfur. I notice there’s several organic growers using it. Just a little goes a long way. I think I use about 3 or 4 tsp throughout the grow.

7 Likes

Something new in the line up Yucca Extract

3 Likes

The use of Peroxide for growing weed. I use peroxide for germination. I didn’t know the pores on the seeds carry the needed microbes your plant needs to start life . Something similar to antibodies in mothers milk . Once the seed crack its shell. It releases carbs and aminos ,which attracts the microbes. From the shell And the new seedling draws it’s nutrients from the microbes. Peroxide maybe setting my seedlings back a step. Once the seedling start photosynthesis it now can produce carbs and aminos to attract microbes from the soil.

2 Likes

The only time I use peroxide is when in cloning… in my bubbler… and change out my water weekly… only use RO water with great results

just a cap ull of hydrogen peroxide… no rooting hormones

4 Likes

@KoolHandLuke I like your line of thinking.

My latest technique is to use a dash of peroxide in a glass for 8-12 hours, then to soil regardless of tail showing or not.

Before I would soak until .25” tail.

But as I think back as a young adult, seeds went in a paper towel with whatever water came out the tap, placed in baggie with a vent, and stored in dark place.

I never had a seed not germinate, ever back then. Granted I only germinated 50 or less maybe.

So, F peroxide. My next attempt will no RO water only.

3 Likes

Yeah, the aero cloners can build up some slime.

1 Like

@AAA yes sir… these clones popped roots in about a week… so I’m leaving them a bit of slime… the algae actually seem to help them… nutrients help the growth of algal blooms… which means that some how there is nitrogen and phosphorus in the water

4 Likes

Growing colonies of microbes, the plants are just going for the ride. They look somewhat happy

6 Likes

Looking great… :+1:t4::dash::dash:

1 Like

I soak a paper towel, mostly wring it out, put the seed in and put it in a plastic bag. Leave the bag a little open and put in a drawer. Worked on random bagseeds years ago, and I’ve germinated 8 in the last month 100% success. 4 bagseeds and 4ILGM

2 Likes