Living Soil, Rhizosphere, Microbes, and Bro Science

Hell yeah!

4 Likes

Adding about a ounce of peroxide to my humidifier, is it safe for my grow tent

2 Likes

I add EM1 to mine, I’ve only cleaned mine with peroxide. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be ok.

A mung bean SST is good when your in flower, high potassium and Phosphorus. Happy growing :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Jewels-
Where do you find the mung beans?
Thats kind of what I need. I have noticed that my blueberry was lacking in P and K this go around.
I have been supplementing the phosphorous with bone meal (NPK=0-10-0). I have used banana peels for a boost of potassium.
Koolhandluke- thanks for starting this up. I think it will help all the natural growers out there. Like you, I learned one way to grow good cannabis, but natural (dont like the buzz word “organic”) is 180° in the other direction. With living soil growing, you are not so focused on feeding the plant. You are feeding the soil and all those little microscopic critters running around. I watched a couple of good presentations earlier today. They were put on by Verdi, a big commercial grower. Their master grower gave a lot of good info. Let me see how I found it, and I will post how to see them. Peace…

4 Likes

I have been eating sprouts for a long time so I was already getting seeds from The Sprout House.

4 Likes

Do anyone use yucca extract, I was thinking about trying Therm X-70

2 Likes

Bro Science, the cure for everything cal mag, some people add it to every feeding . The old timers slap my hand. And told me to only add cal mag if my plants told me to . 75% calcium, 18% magnesium, and 7% potassium. If you are top feeding compost lay off the epsom salt also.

5 Likes

Root system , you want your root system to be more wide than deep . So a wider pot is the way to go. There are always exceptions to the rules. Auto flowers , when their tap root hit the bottom of the pot , it triggers flower. So you can manipulate veg time with how deep your pot is .

4 Likes

@GreenJewels, I’ve been hearing good things about mung bean, I have to work some in and maybe some alfalfa meal

3 Likes

Great subject…

I just added a few rabbits… now I have endless poop… works great for vegg… have been using on freshly rooted clones without no burn on clones… This is an old pic of my Black soilder fly larvae compost bin… compost works great… have used as soon as six months without any burns either on grown plants… I’m just starting a goat poop compost bin… haven’t tried it out yet but excited to see the outcome… BioChar is a must in my mix … I make my own and urinate it … get charged with lots of nitrogen… with this mix and a few more additional items I’ve added beneficial bacteria and fungi to my soil food web… Here’s a pic of my clones good luck everyone…:dash::dash:

8 Likes

High there @Mrcrabs I haven’t crossed paths with you in a while.

I remembered reading about you doing this a while back. I figured I’d let ya know the 5 yo grandson and I had fun making biochar and he loved peeing on it :rofl: I don’t trust my biochar though so it went into our herb and fruit/veggie garden. + We have more for our larger garden next year. :v::green_heart:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Hey jewels … belated Merry Christmas and new year’s… all is well just been super busy with lost of projects… I have a batch in the backyard so when My buddies comE over and we having a few cold ones… they don’t have to go inside And use the restroom… plus it’s mask the odor of pee in your backyard… I just let it sun :sunny: dry for about a week… I’ve sent some out to a few members… they loved it … didn’t harm the plants at all…

4 Likes

I need help , looking for a dry Organic amendment of Chitosan for flower. Chitosan for soil drench, and Harpin protein for a foliar spray. This combo supposed to give me a terpene bomb. The guy who was helping me . act like I asked him for his secret barbecue sauce. So I’m turning to you guys for some help

2 Likes

This is what chitosan is made of i think.

3 Likes

Thank you , yes sea bugs will help with immune system , fresh bug frass would be better . ( short shelve life) . I was really looking for just the hormone , something PPM neutral, something nutrient neutral is closer to my needs. I found high tide ,but it’s a liquid and the label says .05% Chitosan. So I’m paying for a bottle of water . Dry is the way to go.

3 Likes

I make my own special frass infused fertilizer… works great :+1:t4:

2 Likes

@Mrcrabs, I like that , what do you do ,grind it up to powder. Mix it with humic and kelp

1 Like

No I just layer it at the bottom half of my pots… works great…

1 Like

Found this @KoolHandLuke

2 Likes