Living Soil, Rhizosphere, Microbes, and Bro Science

Yes if the intake air has a lower rh than the tent , I just googled the subject and came up with this . Listen to the last minute Of the video, he talks about humidity .hope this helps

2 Likes

good to know first time auto grower -so five gallon would be better than 3-?

4 Likes

3 gallon is plenty for indoor auto and photoperiod growing.

3 Likes

@alienofasoul , welcome to ILGM , Most people run 3gal for autos , 5 gals for photo ( bottle nutrients) , and 7-100 gal for organic depending on your grow space .

1 Like

I am making subcools menu for the super soil and plan to use it on my next grow , what is the best base soil/potting mix to use … so it will cook for at least 2 months . This time it will be in compost / with ilgm’s fertilizer kit. will give me a chance to see the difference . already found out how important the right light is . now will use Mars Hydro tsw 2000w led full spectrum sunlike dimmable , two of them. in spare bedroom.

2 Likes

@alienofasoul This really depends on your growing style and cultivar. The best for me and my setup is Pitt moss or Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (CSPM) Aeration Is important, I use pumice , and rice hulls. 10% biochar makes the microbes happy

1 Like

@alienofasoul 1/3 Pitt or peat moss , 1/3 aeration, 1/3 Vermicompost, with a little mushroom compost.if you add chicken or cow compost make sure it’s from a good source. Antibiotics And steroids are not your friend. Build a Soil have good ready mixed soil

1 Like

If this grow continues on this path . I’m sold on the Coots soil mix .having praying plants in Veg is nice, but praying plants in flower is down right exciting
Day 10 of flower

4 Likes

@Cannabian , @Covertgrower , @Arrow , @Hellraiser .Do you have to cook soil for established plants , you don’t cook top dressing. Can I mix and repot

3 Likes

Its only necessary to cook if you have ingredients they need to be composted first. Say fresh chicken manure. Or leaves.

2 Likes

I’m taking my outside girls from 5gal to 30 gal . The coot’s mix is outstanding and want to do the same without the 8 week wait.

1 Like

Soil mix
1/3 peat moss
1/3 compost ( 3/5 vermicompost, 1/5 mushroom, 1/5 cow )
1/3 pumice and rice hulls
1 cup per 7gal
Neem meal
Kelp meal
Oyster shell flour
Gypsum
Alfalfa meal
Barely meal
Crustacean meal
Black solder fly frass
3 cups per 7 gal
Basalt
Glacial rock

2 Likes

Everyone say they don’t grow for yield , they grow for quality. If you make your plants happy by pushing micro population . You can have both. This is working for me . Agsil-16, ful-power, recharge , EM-1 You can have both.

3 Likes

Who use wood char, can I use the hickory from my smoker

Day 11 of flower , 10 weeks to go

3 Likes

Covert got you on the cooking :+1: …that’s a nice mix, wish I could get half that stuff here … Those plants are stacking real nice …:sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

If you are making a super soil, its best to let it cook off because its not unlike compost in that it does get pretty hot! The ingredients need to mellow. You can use garden soil and the make compost or comfry tea and avoid the expense of ingredients.
These plants are in straight soil with 5 gallon bucket if comfry tea mixed into a 55 gallon drum. Ratio apprix 10 :1.

As you can see, they are perfectly healthy and green for days. Super cheap and easy… look up comfry tea on internet for more information

3 Likes

@Cannabian , thank you for helping out

2 Likes

Any time! My motto is keep it cheap if you can. Ive grown some huge killer plants using very basic stuff that the local hippies use. It does work… some people spend a boat load of money to grow plants and the best gardens in the world are done using traditional methods… take the royal gardens as an example.

2 Likes

Only one day of transplant shock,They look happy . I’ve been averaging a gram per watt , do this still apply for a outside grow . LOL I wish.

1 Like