Little off topic but wanted to share

Hello all. I wanted to share what I do with the used water and minerals since that crap is so expensive. Every thing I see in watering they water and then the water drains out of the bottom into the sink.

I put the plants in a regular pot then I purchased a larger pot that has an elevated bottom. I’ll water and the water collects in the outer pot. I then collect all the used water and pour it all into a 5 gallon bucket. Then I take it and use it to water my vegetable garden with. I’m getting some killer ass tomatoes :slight_smile:

The bigger pot also helps let the inner pot drain more and collects it so it’s not a mess and since it’s raised the soil is never sitting in standing water

5 Likes

The run off is to flush the salts out that build up

Same, use it on cucumber’s.

2 Likes

My tomatoes love it lol. Gotta figure so much horse water is used on the garden it dilutes it well.

Dont use fertilizer…

well I guess by definition I do but… all natural… so far the only thing I have fed my tomatoes other than decomposed material is seaweed and kelp extract with humic acid.
The same goes for my herb… though I will be using some sulfer free Molasses and some plant grade epsom salts!

1 Like