Little known secrets

Hi crew! New to the site and happy to be here.

Wondering if anyone is willing to share something you do during the grow that you feel most people don’t know about. Little “tricks of the trade” or simply advice you don’t frequently see.

My contributions are;

Grove Bags - great for the cure
Soil mixture of 25% living soil, 50% ocean forest, 5-10% perlite, 15-20% coco, no nutrients.
Recharge - amazing microbial
Low stress training

9 Likes

Welcome to the community !!! :grinning:

2 Likes

welcome to the community. no known secrets for me, everything i do and use is from everyone on here.

5 Likes

Money is a really great trick. I’ve never tried it, but I heard it works best :rofl:

9 Likes

if only i could grow it in my tent lol

8 Likes

No secrets, just advice for rookies. Don’t try to hit a home run your first grow. keep it simple and concentrate on your PH and lighting. On your second grow, advance to other things and so on…

I have seen so many people spend a lot money on fancy nutes, complicated soil mixes, and fancy potting systems only to fail from being overwhelmed or realizing the smell or something is to much and need to quit.

7 Likes

Welcome, patience and love , no light leaks , good soil and nutes. , r.o. water no tap water. And keep good notes, happy growing.

4 Likes

A few homemade tips…
Egg shells, banana peels ground up.
Used coffee grounds.
Epsom salt and water.
Peroxide and water.
Blackstrap molasses and water.
Lime
Compost tea
Leftover mash from still
Fish aquarium water
Composted manure

Just some I’ve heard through the years

5 Likes

Don’t baby them :metal: they are tough and enjoy getting roughed up :man_dancing:

Edit- For Photos I don’t know jack about Autos but they sound like candy asses

8 Likes

PPM/TDS and PH testers.
Learn to make a GOOD compost tea!
Mycorrhiza fungus
Wet/Dry cycles
Slow dry / Long cure

Having a comprehensive knowledge of what you’re trying to accomplish. Makes the difference in plants surviving and plants thriving!

Get Growin!

5 Likes

I play classical music for the plants. If I’m gonna be away for a couple days I think it helps. Beethoven seems to be a good one. not sad stuff though. Think 9th symphony.

5 Likes

Outdoor growing, I dunno if it’s a secret just not often said. If growing in a hydrocut dont plant right in the ground. They’re sprayed with growth retardants… supposed to be posted on poles and towers, date and what’s used.

2 Likes

Less is more. Trust me they’ll grow

7 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood :blush:. I haven’t been growing long enough to have any secrets to tell. But when I do I will share. Oh wait I didn’t learn the hard way about humidity and bud rot. I now have a dehumidifier that I am loving. :blush::v:

4 Likes

Excellent topic!

Stainless steel trimmers, not aluminum.
Bud washing.
Mosquito bits.

Best to you!

7 Likes

Welcome to the community. No screct’s here still learning

3 Likes

Reading. Read read and then read some more.

5 Likes

As you learn what to do, take the time to learn why.
Work smarter, not harder.
If your way works, stick with it and go from there.
Don’t let lack of money discourage you. There’s always a cheaper way.
3 main ingredients - logic,reasoning, and common sense.
Always ask yourself if they are telling you something or selling you something.
Don’t believe everything you hear, but don’t rule everything out either.
Try it yourself,then you’ll know for yourself.
Don’t give up too easy.
Learn from your mistakes,as well as your successes.

6 Likes

KISS!!!
Coco and Jack’s
Good root zone biologics
I like Advanced Nutrients bud enhancers - Bid Bud, Bud Candy, Nirvana.

Wait a minute. Now I am starting to complicate things. So maybe it should be “Keep it short stupid”

8 Likes

Keep it simple…less is more :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes