Little Help! First Grow-- Hydro- Mag Deficiency?

Thanks for clearing that up, it had me worried a little but that plant itself looks pretty good. I checked on the roots today and they’re bright white again and gained a bunch more :smile:

I have a question regarding the CalMag and HydroGuard, Should I wait until the next water change to add these to each of the buckets?

Be safe, add the hydroguard asap. Might also add a little of the Cal Mag…see if it helps.

*took me a while to figure out the flat roots in your pics was camera movement…lol.
looked like a tape worm…:clown_face:

2 Likes

What nutes are you using? Cal/Mg is usually in the mix. Really only need it if you are using RO/DI water later when the plant really needs it.

@WickedAle I’m using LOTUS Premium hydroponic nutrients. It’s a powder form, I saw all these ads for it and I got it without doing too much research which was definitely not the smartest. But it was advertised as this premium product so I figured I’d try It. I can’t seem to find anyone who has a lot of info on them

As I expected, your mix is very complete.

I forgot to mention i am using RO water now. I have a water softener system in my house so I’ve read using that alone wouldn’t be too good for the plants so I use about 2.5gallons RO and 1 gal water from my regular faucet which is the softened water. Not sure if this is significant but figured it would be worth the mention

You should be fine for now. If you see some deficiency later you can add it in. Cal/mg can change your pH so just make sure everything is dissolved and pH’d before you use it.

2 Likes

Does hydroguard make ph fluctuate as well?

1 Like

80 F is just about ideal in veg at 50 to 60% RH.

58 to 70 F is a good range for solution temps too.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I’ve had my room at 80 befor and the plants didn’t like it but yes 80 is good if u are useing liquid co2 but just flat 80 with 40-50 rh is to high temp atleast for all the plants I have ever grown anything over 78 the plants started to decline

2 Likes

My working range is 70 to 84F. At 50% RH the VPD is nominal and I get fantastic growth. No CO2 as there are many other less tedious ways of improving yields and quality. I don’t split stems, I SCROG, I use high end lights, (RDWC right now) and have the time to tinker with it daily. As a professional brewer and distiller I can tell you the sugar/yeast in a container method is less than useless. A high pressure cylinder in a totally enclosed and climate controlled room, flooded with CO2 would work but not with what us hobbyists have available. IMO.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 hay I’m not saying it won’t work all I’m saying is it didn’t work for me lol so I never recommend temps that high lol

2 Likes

Ya gotta go with what works for you!

2 Likes

Hey guys, its been a few weeks now and I figured I’d update you guys. I also still have something going on with the plants, some type of deficiency I’m assuming. Im still trying to diagnose it correctly. But the growth otherwise has been pretty good. I just switched lights yesterday from Amazon KING LED lights to HLG 260 v2 thanks to @dbrn32 for the help and info on the lights. Cant wait to see how it goes from here Heres a few pics, what do you guys think? They’ll be alright? Im looking to put them into flower in the next week or so

1 Like

My first thought there is bug damage. Have you inspected leaves closely?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I’ve looked at them closely by eye but not with a jewelers magnifier, but I just got one today and haven’t opened it yet. I’m going to check it out

1 Like

Check under leaves good too

1 Like

Maybe a lite mg deficiency, did you up the calmag with you’re new light?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I don’t see any bugs anywhere which I’m happy about. @boardsbird I haven’t used the cal mag still, only because my nutrients have it in them but maybe that’s the reason? There’s a pic of my nutrient label above in this post, do you think that’s sufficient or I should add cal mag? I just did t want to over do it wnd stress the plants out more which is why I haven’t added it In Yet

2 Likes

Have you been checking ppm in and out?

1 Like