Little dots on the little plants

Hello everyone and thank you so much for reading my post. My plants have little dots on their leaves and I am not sure why. I have lost 4 plants due to this. I was wondering how could I prevent this and why some a little bigger plants get these white dots as well. I also think I water too much. Kind regard ya’ll!

Looks like a bad case of spider mites

4 Likes

Hello Bobby and thank you so much! I belive it is part of the leaf… these are not sticjing out bu5 I think it is discoloration of the leaf :slight_smile:

You need to inspect them closely, it looks like you have some sort of bug for sure.

1 Like

Hi bro, if they eat too many leaves when the plants are so small they will really struggle to survive. Please get the yellow sticky traps. Its little flies/thrips… the sticky traps are best. I tried lady bugs and everything but… just buy the sticky yellow things and put them with the plants. I have them with all my cheeses. They seem to love cheese these little creatures they are cannaisseurs thats why I love them a bit. Good Luck

1 Like

Good advise @Cheesemaker . I’ve been using fly paper strips around my plants. It’s amazing what you’ll find stuck to them. I have a problem with spotted cucumber beatles and they can do a lot of damage very quickly. Never thought about the yellow sticky pads. Gonna get some today.

2 Likes

You’d be well served by removing all that leaf trash, et al. from the pot. Especially if you have a bug issue. It just provides a place for the bugs to hide/multiply and also a good place for mold/mildew, et al. to start.

If you want to cover the media surface to reduce water loss from the surface, use a proper “mulch” or something that has been sanitized against anything living that might be detrimental to your plants.

1 Like

Thank you everyone but there are not due to spiders. These might be due to some chemical I used to balance my PH?

Sure looks like mine when I had spider mites. Only way to see them is with a magnifier.

1 Like

@Jbum I see the mites!!! Thank you so much! I am gonna try my ILGM bug blaster!!

I used H2O2 and 48hrs later used Captain Jacks and repeat 5 days later. This was suggested to me by @Myfriendis410 and it served me well. Also be sure to listen to all the above advice @QST_59 and folks really know what they are talking about. Great growers and willing to share free advice!!! Just sayn… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you so much to everyone! I just noticed all this wonderful feedback! That was amazing and thank you so much for taking the time to help me @Jbum @QST_59 @fRIEDfRED @Cheesemaker @dbrn32 and @BobbyDigital! I removed the leaves and sprayed the fan leaves and they are recovering all thank you ya’ll!

2 Likes

Looks like spider mites. Do you water enough? What about your lights? are all the leaves getting enough light?