Little brown beetles

I have these little flying beetles on my plants. Easy to kill, fly slowly and slow on the leaves. If I shake the plants they fall off. I think it may be a drugstore beetle. Any thoughts on where they came from and how to get them out of here.

2 Likes

Look like soil beetle from googling. Not sure if good or bad. I did see tbis flying around my potato and onion bags outside not on the plant leaves or anything but i do see them on the soils outside. Might not be a bad thing but then again. @Cannabian is an outside grower and may be able to help.

1 Like

Where are you located? @GreenJewels and @Mrcrabs are my go to’s for buggies

2 Likes

Looks to me like a common brown ground beetle. They will feed on plants so I’d evict the little bugger

1 Like

Ground beetles don’t fly

Pocono Lake Pa

1 Like

They are about 3/16th of a inch and fly

Just killed one flying

1 Like

Reporting for gore! Jk. I am curious to see what this is too. Sorry I have nothing constructive to say lol

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Missed the flying part

Possibly a furniture beetle?

3 Likes

thanks, I killed most of them today. some were having sex at the time! wonder how come they like my plants? They like the Amnesia better then the Northern Lights

3 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen lol

Must just be something they like about that plant more than the others… Probably a specific terpene or something I would guess.

2 Likes

Bruh, sorry we dint have those here, Im on the west side if the continent.

1 Like

They will eat your plant , very hungry insects

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been working on killing them. Down to just a few now. I keep checking for them. Very easy to kill flying or on the plant.

3 Likes