Links views reset to zero and are inaccessible after rewrite by moderators ๐Ÿ˜ž

My question is simpleโ€ฆ Why? And Is the links cause any trouble with the site ?

1 Like

What do you mean? Why arenโ€™t we supposed to use links for ebay etc?

Because theyโ€™re running a business. Same reason the Coke guy doesnโ€™t want to see Pepsi in his cooler.

Links to their partner sites, give them credit towards purchases would be my guess. Dumme is a stealth bomber, he swoops in, in the middle of the night, and corrects the links so Robert gets credit for it.

For exemple, @Aquaponic_Dumme rewrite the links here

1 Like

Ahhh ok I gotcha, heโ€™s not rewriting them, heโ€™s adding a suffix to link so our forum gets a small piece of the pie, amazon and dealzer help fund our forum.

Hope this clears things up happy growings

1 Like

And theyโ€™re from amazon, an autorise dealer , and the links are no more accessible when you click on them and the view count as been reset to zero

Sorry was writing in the same time lol

So did it answer your question lol

Yes, however theyโ€™re not accessible so is the forum will lose funding ?

Not exactly we can get that fixed, maybe its a site issue for the moment

Iโ€™m not sure about the stuff being reset to zero, but I just re-edited that one myself, I guess the reset to zero is a system thing because the system thinks it is a new link since the change, however, I donโ€™t think there is anything to worry about with that.

Many of us do it here, Dumme and Garrigan as well.

The tag at the end does give this site credit if someone buys the product, it helps keep this site free and ad free.

Also, as in the edit I just did, it removes a ton of unnecessary code and can potentially make things work better.

If you notice any other problems, do let us know. And if you carefully pay attention to how they are edited, then you can post your links already edited the same way and we wonโ€™t need to change anything and the counter wonโ€™t be reset to zero.

Happy linking,

MacG

4 Likes

@MacGyverStoner correct it for one just 2 minutes ago :wink:

Yup, and I explained why above :wink:

Thereโ€™s still two other links in this one that are not accessible :wink:

ok, Iโ€™ll look them up and fix.

1 Like

Thank you @Macgyverstoner, I was just looking for another staff member that could clear that for me or help clear that up

1 Like

Done. And I think they are fixed.:smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help you two :wink::innocent: In fact itโ€™s helping this wonderful site ,โ€ฆ

2 Likes

My pleasure thatโ€™s what we are here for :slight_smile:

Happy growings

1 Like

I have a grow issue and gone a start a topic, I think is bore deficiency but not quite sure, see you around :wink:

1 Like