Limp seedling, need advice!

Hello, 4 days ago this little girl got crushed by a poorly placed hygrometer.
I immediately moved the hygrometer and stood the plant back up.
It was able to stand up on its own the next 2 days after.
But one day it went limp and fell over, so i used some ties to gently hold it up.
2 days ago, I added more hydroton to cover all the rockwool and the hydroton was keeping the plant up.
But now, its went limp again!
Should i just try to prop it back up with the ties?
Im not sure if its dying off? It hasn’t really grown the past couple days compared to the other plants.
Is it just recovering from the stress?

Will post photo from my phone below.

1 Like

Your overwatering that little plant…
Mist it every couple of hours and I mean at least every 4 to 6 hours but stop watering…
Rockwhool is staying too wet…
Your drowning her… :man_facepalming::flushed::+1::wink:
Put a dome on to keep humidity high and stop watering so much… :+1::wink:
Ok…
Back up…
Is this a dwc grow …?
If it is , how high is water level…
She may need more water…?
But the yellow baby leaves tell me too much water…
More info please…?
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Great catch @peachfuzz. :+1::+1::+1:

Also keep it propped for a longer period. I mean like a week or two and not a few days.

3 Likes

Dwc with seedlings is such a pain , unless your @kettle …
Hes got his seed game down in dwc…
I’m definitely going to steal his methods here shortly…
I’m on the prowl for materials… :grin::rofl::joy::wink::shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face::no_mouth::smiling_imp:

3 Likes

The water level for my RDWC buckets are 1.5 inches below the netpot.
Ive been watering all the plants when i wake up, mid day, and before i go to sleep, but when i do i water around the rockwool in a circle to try to not really hit the rockwool and promote roots to expand out and down.
Also none of the plants have any roots popping out the rockwool which is why i am topfeeding.

2 Likes

haha, please advise me of these methods id love to know what they are.

2 Likes

It’s hard to start plants in dwc…
I use a basic tray with water and clayton and air stones…
With 1.5 inch rockwhool cubes and move to solo cups with hydrotone as they get bigger…
When I clone , I go from cutting to water with a neoprene collar and never look back…
He will chime in and give you some tips on his methods…
He’s just been really busy lately…
I can tag you to my thread , lots of good info…
Scroll to the top… :+1::grin:
@Siksr

2 Likes

my friend, for all the help u have gifted me im going to send you some… i will find a way to communicate with you … :wink:

@Siksr hey buddy… the way i do things is a bit different as i use a complicated homemade rubber collar contraption… :smile: and the reason for this isn’t just because i found it difficult to get them through the seed stage with the rockwool, (although i did kill a few i think) it was through a bit of education from the fuzz and a couple of others, and going off prior learning that having essentially a sponge (rockwool) involved throughout the grow has a good chance of harbouring bad bacteria and or other microbes and pests, even macro pests… :smile: but there are plenty of people here who grow with those mediums and have a good experience, i am not trying to freak you out… :smile:

but since then i have good success with as the fuzz says humidity with a dome, that i spray if needed, upside down glass beer cups for me, light is not as important, if anything low light, i have 36 watts over mine i think… you should try to get the dome over it and let the rock wool dry out if you can, the bubbles should keep it damp in the right spot- the bottom… if its going to die its going to die. you will just find a sweet spot, but u will need the domes, and yeah make a little stake for her if you want…

good luck buddy…

3 Likes