LIGHTS! What? They can’t all be winners

Can growing cannabis with a flashlight cause carpal tunnel? Aldo. Sorry. I mean also, (Aldo is the one they gave me the flashlight) ALSO, how many lights do I actually need? Will these quantum boards do only the veg Portion of the grow? Including termination I’m assuming. SORRY. I meant germination. Aldo was just terminated from his job for petty theft. Apparently for Stealing flashlights. Wait. Do I need three lights? One for germination, one for veg, and one for flowering? Or? This is where you guys come in.

3 Likes

Quantum boards will do seedling to harvest. Unless you get b-spec boards, those are for veg only. The regular v2 qb288’s (if you can find them) you’d want to get in 3000k-3500k light spectrum and that spectrum is good for veg and flower. The boards that are out now (r-spec) are also good for veg and flower and have deeper reds for better flowering.

7 Likes

Lmmfao! Welcome to ILGM… i think youll fit in just fine around here. Bobby got u covered on the question. Whatever the heck it was :joy:

9 Likes

Very very funny had a good laugh at this :+1:

2 Likes

@Cabs Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Thanks brother. But I have a feeling, just a feeling that those might be out of my price range. At least for a newbie. Last time I looked at 3000 K it was $800 For an HGL 600? I’ve got a 3 x 3 x 6 tent. I know how important lights are and I do when I get the best I can afford. Let me look up what you sent me and I’ll check back in if that’s OK.

1 Like

:grinning:

Your space you could run a hlg 260 xl or just put In 2 hlg 100s. Both options come in a 3000 spectrum. The 600 is for a much bigger space. The 260 is like around 320 to 350 the two 100 about 300.

5 Likes

You’d only need half that for a 3x3.

2 Likes

Sorry. That’s what somebody else recommended. I wasn’t familiar with a lot of the horticulture lighting systems. I think like most people who are starting out, you looked at Amazon. Also I happen to have some credit there which is nice if you’re trying to keep some of ur money in your pocket. Unfortunately Amazon doesn’t sell any of that. Nothing really high-end. Not that I’ve been able to find anyway. Thanks for trying to help out

Couldn’t find the 260 XL. Sold out. Are the 100s so small you can fit two in my size tent? Thanks

when it comes to LED lights, you really do need to spend some money. That said, @dbrn32 is the man of the hour in this area. I will alway recommend him before you spend the bucks

You need to respond to my PM.

Hlg-100 won’t be big enough to flower a 3x3.

3 Likes

I heard the shake light is the King. The more you shake, the brighter they get.

Welcome to the Community. :+1:

2 Likes

Respond to that PM. DB is the man when it comes to lighting. :wink:

Is that why ur plants get so dang big? :rofl::laughing:

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 Well hell my secret is out. I knew I should have bought stocks. My secret is out now. What did I cause? :crazy_face:

@dbrn32 I knew you didn’t know my secret. You need to research this new area I let the cat out of rhe bag. :+1::joy::joy:

1 Like

Just ordered my 260 xl from growerslights
$368

2 Likes

@CannaNewbie You will love what it does for your plants. I run 2 in my 4x4.

3 Likes

Yea I’m pretty hyped up about it from everything you all say about it. I feel like I’m joining a elite light club​:joy::joy:

3 Likes