Lights! Please help urgent! Want to keep plants in veg mode

Roughly 4 or five nodes.

2 Likes

Very nice well worth trying to keep it going

1 Like

Yes and he just had a single daylight bulb on them in his closet, I put one in black cow, and one in this soil.

If you’re just trying to keep them “alive” for a month and are looking to spend as little as possible, then I’d get 2 of these. Something similar would also work.

https://www.amazon.com/Toplimit-Household-Photography-Converter-Adjustable/dp/B06XYR2BBR/ref=asc_df_B06XYR2BBR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216539147262&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5263173756615008590&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003089&hvtargid=pla-350564136201&th=1

I’d use cool cfl bulbs, preferably 4000k-6000k, and have them turned sideways (parallel to the floor) to optimize the light.

Hang one fixture over each plant.

After 4-6 weeks they are going to outgrow that space and outgrow that light.

6 Likes

Awesome that’s something I can come up with the funds for I appreciate it and yeah a month or two is all I need

4 Likes

They may be a little unhappy at 2 months, but they’ll survive, and most likely flourish when you bring them outside.

6 Likes

Thank you for all your advice everyone

4 Likes

Good luck and come back to tell us what happens. Maybe even start a grow journal for these adopted plants.

4 Likes

For sure

2 Likes

For the price of a splitter and all the bulbs to go in it you could get a cheap 300w (140w wall) from Amazon for under $50 and that should be good until weather warms up. From what I understand you don’t plan to flower inside (don’t know why nobody else caught that)

2 Likes

Correct Do not plan on flowering inside, I just want to keep it in a vegetative stage (How many hours of artificial light should I be using to keep it in a vegetative stage and still be happy and grow healthy) to the weather permitted to go back outside also real quick @hornhead what type of nutrients should I be using right now this is what they look like about 4 to 5 nodes I have 10-10-10

1 Like

I run general hydroponics flora trio. I would also suggest that you take plants outside when it gets around 50 degrees that will help slow plant growth down some. And say you leave plant out in at least 12 hours of direct sunlight then bring inside under what ever light you choose for another 6 hours to keep in vegg. Now your 10/10/10 fertilizer should work just use half strength. Any other questions just hit me up. Good luck to you buddy

1 Like

How long exactly is " until the weather breaks "

If time inside is a few months you will have a monster on your hands.
Try a cheap blurple from Amazon it will produce buds. Just don’t expect dense buds. The cheap lights make fluffy buds.
I grew 11oz from 2 plants under 2 vivosun 300w.
Fluffy bud.
https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Growing-Flowering/dp/B07843C284

Run lights 18hrs on and 6hrs off

2 Likes

I live in Florida so anywhere from 2 to 3 months

@Dickrick527 well that’s the full grow so plan on growing it Inside the whole way.
And remember cheaper lights still grow buds just not as potent or as dense.

Never hurts to try , grow and learn it’s all part of the fun.

2 Likes

Yeah this will be my first unofficial official inside grow I guess

1 Like

You can vegetate plants under 16-8 lighting for as long as you want. 3 months is no problem.

2 Likes

@KeystoneCops with the space he has it will be tough. At least what I have grown would fill the space way before weather broke.
Maybe there is a way to keep it smaller. For that part I wouldn’t know.

Pruning is always an option, but I’ll wager there won’t be explosive growth with CFL lights.

1 Like

@Dickrick527 all valid points here in tid bits but if you want a full answer your going to have to give us a clear budget and a time frame, you could look up weather averages for your area for when the weather is 53*F.
But if you do this right you have tons of time to grow a pretty massive plant with a thick stock and thick roots ready to go outside.

Regardless of the light you get 18 on 6 off is the scedule you should have it on and you will need a cheap mechanical timer for this.
Luckily this will give you lots of time to top, prune and LST (low stress train) your plant.
But your going to have to switch pots, ide go for a bigger cloth pot the biggest you can, otherwise those plants will get so root bound over that time period in the plastic pots your shooting yourself. In the foot. You can save up and do this once the plants grow up a bit and fill that pot.

Your soil sounds like good organic rich soil so I wouldn’t be feeding those plants anything and you don’t want to really encourage them to grow any faster because time is on your side here.

Go to a second hand store and get a big fan, tower or tall oscillating ideally this will help your plants grow nice and strong otherwise they are going to be big weak trees and be ready to blow over once you put them outside when they are bigger.

Obviously the key thing right now is lighting and so is budget so I woild be searching Facebook marketplace, craigslist, and Kijiji for used burple LED’s and see what you can get for a good deal.
Or go on Amazon and find used burple if you can. CFL’s would work but they really are for seed to the first but of veg and after a month your going to wish you had an LED even if it’s a cheaper one.

By the time you buy a fan, a timer, 2 new cloth pots (ide say go 10 gallon minimum if your going to bring them outdoors eventually) and a light your probably looking at 150-200$ if you get good deals. Now this is spread out over a bit of time so that’s good but yeah be prepared to spend 200$ or you might as well just put them in a window and pray.

2 Likes