Lights! Please help urgent! Want to keep plants in veg mode

Looks like cauliflower lol!

One weird thing I noticed too and can’t figure why I Researched it as well and it really didn’t give me a definitive answer why does his only have 3set leaves when mine goes 3,5,7,7,7, just want to know so if I run into it later won’t be stumped by it. Also @Cannabian can you tag me in the one repotting thing you we’re talking about. Sorry guys, just had a major panic attack. But I’m mostly better now. Man I can’t wait till Friday to get my regular meds and hopefully at least a Q to last till the following Friday

Also in y’alls professional opinion when during the day is better to water/ feed, well I fed last time I watered but that was also on dec7th I don’t like how they hold moisture they are still wet, The top part of the soil is pulling away from the sides of the pots but when looking at the drain holes are still very moist what should I do

My best guess is that your plants aren’t transpiring due to lack of strong light. The water is evaporating around the perimeter of the root zone, but being retained in the larger mass. Just my guess.

1 Like

Ok I know I deff don’t have a strong enough light on the, I know have two of the cfls on but I know that’s not enough, it’s just what I have to work with.

Could I also cut stuff like this off to help aid in something also is this still just pre-flower or is it starting to actually flower

2 Likes

That’s just preflower. Letting you know that she is ready to flower if you wanted to. :wink::+1::v:

1 Like

I am so not ready for her to flower I have the light I just put a timer on it for 18 on six off so it will reveg right??
God I miss mother nature taking care of this stuff for me

1 Like

I’m also almost at Home Depot I’m gonna grab an 8 quart bag perlite help better drain I guess and maybe diatomaceous earth Because I see a tiny bugs crawling in the soil

1 Like

It hasn’t flowered yet. It needs a 12/12 cycle to do that.
I flipped my lights 2 weeks ago to flower but I had pistils showing like yours for over 5 weeks before that.
And if I hadn’t switched the lights then they would still be in veg.
You’re all good. :wink::+1::v:

2 Likes

I’ve done a lot of research and a lot of the things like 98% of the things I was worrying about I don’t have to anymore my main concern is after eight days The top layer soil is dry and the soil is pulling away from the pot but the very bottom is still very much wet Don’t really have the funds to get any better lights and it being around Christmas time

Also @BobbyDigital What’s the difference between your six on two off and my 18 on six off

There’s not really a big difference in growth. It does help keep heat down and I do not see the “fatigued” look that you can get with a straight 18hrs of light.

As for the dry top soil, that’s normal as water wicks to the bottom of the pot which is why I’ve never understood the “knuckle test”. You’ll want to let the pot dry completely or you’re opening yourself up for root rot and fungus gnat issues.

I have no idea what fungus Nat is but there’s definitely small little bugs crawling around my soil also just picked up a 8 quart bag of perlite for when I do transplant also saw was rooting powder I don’t know if that’s for transplanting or cloning but I figured I’d be something I could pick up as well

I also noticed a little bit on the plant that got typed the newer leaves are starting to I guess you would say cup towards the light is that because of the 18 hours or something different I’m sure it has something to do with that in the moisture but I’m just not 100% positive

Yep thats preflowering, its starting to prepare for the stretch. If you plan on potting up, you had best get er done now!
The lower tiny branches and even the lower fan leaves can be removed. If you have light limitations, it may be better to remove a fair bit of the lower material so you can focus all the growth to the expanding tops!
The main issue with cheap lights is they typucally have very poor penetration and the energy fall off is pretty fast. That means the light energy diminishes much faster as you move farther from the fixture. So to improve the smokable parts you get rid of that which wont do much.

1 Like

Yeah I know! Thing is this is the next pot up size and I just bought a bag of perlite 8 quart old the ratio to do

Only soil I have left to put in there is a quarter bag of black cow which is what it’s in now and a good amount of Kellogg’s organic raised flower bed soil which is what the other one is in the other one is showing no signs of pre-flour so that one can wait

I have to get extenders but will use something like this starting next week to make for better lighting.

I’ll put one in each dome so 8 lights total.

OMG!! I wasn’t even looking! Just going through my stuff to do some cleaning out and look what I found!!

Not a lot but still Medicine. You have no idea how happy I am!

Also with that much kief what can I do with it?

3 Likes

I’d unroll that joint, toss that kief on top, and roll it right back up! I’m happy for you! Or, it takes a little finesse, but you can use your lit joint like a fun dip, sort of wipe up some kief onto the cherry each time before you hit it…in case you don’t have other papers.

2 Likes

Oh man!, ok so what happened was I actually found like three small nuggs and a little shake, ground that up, I normally roll by hand but because of the shake a pulled out my old cigarette roller put 3/4 of the green I found in there, the shake that you see in the previous picture was doubled, I took half and rolled in the J.
But I’m just wondering what I can do with the rest (posted picture) of the kief I have.
Also with those seeds any way to like know which ones to toss. I saw a guide online like a week ago but now I cant find it.

Omg the taste of that thing was amazing and even better yet I am the calmest I’ve been in over a month.
I saved like enough for a few hits tomorrow.

1 Like

Or you could roll spliffs (tobacco and a tiny bit of weed) to stretch it out longer.

1 Like

Just got done doing my second spliff lol.

2 Likes