Lights, options other then half?

HLG, HLG , HLG, on and on. Are they really that phenomenal? There’s just no way I can afford that. I’m looking into vivarspextra, or mars and spider if I can find one that has an open box or something. But I’ve watched video after video on tube and to be honest I’ve been impressed with the bang for the buck u get with vivarspextra? Suggestions?

1 Like

Id recommend slider farmer over mars hydro sf is about the best “budget” option you can get there are a couple other options id go with but they are a bit more expensive than hlg but over you get what ypu pay for can you grow good wee with budget led yeah but you’re gonna need multiple as to where when you bite the bullet and do it right the first time you’re good to go what size tent are you trying to grow in?

1 Like

I can’t speak about a couple of those but I can say with 100% certainty that the buds I harvested under a Mars Hydro TSW2000 in a 3x3 were smaller and less dense than what I’m seeing now under an HLG Scorpion rspec in a 4x4, same genetics and grow methods, fatter frostier buds at harvest.

4 Likes

Well, I’m new to this style of gardening. Like most, there is a budget we have to kinda stick to. I of course looked and videoed everything too and settled on a Mars ts600 since I was in a very small tent. I’ve upgraded a little, 2x4 tent, but my next light will be HLG. Not just cause you read all about them on this forum, but I really think they are worth the money. I just Wished I’d bought one sooner cause now I’m gonna have to explain to the wife why this burple POS is not cutting it

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately being new in this hobby it pays off to do things rite 1st time imo you don’t always need the best of the best but you want good for sure lol also when you buy cheap lighting alot of these companies have horrible customer support/interaction as where hlg dam near treats you like fam haha

1 Like

Lighting is the most important investment you can make. If you are looking to save money I would start with a proper light. Most of us who started with these burples (self included) have replaced them due to poor results. Spend the money once and get it right the first time rather than buying twice. You can harvest literally pounds of cannabis with an investment that is about the cost of a little more than a zip of weed off the street.

The most budget friendly quality lights are now coming with the newer Spider Farmer lights that are built with Samsung LM301 series diodes. I would insist on Samsung diodes regardless of who’s light you buy.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community as mentioned inside grow lights is the most important factor for quantity an quality buds. My thoughts for example if your budget doesn’t fit lighting a 4x4 space with quality lights I would step down to 3x3 space and buy a good light. Just my thoughts good luck.

2 Likes

Hlg,Hlg yes all that! Start small or they have financing. I understand about budget ,but then further down the road they will pay for themselves. I have found a company called hygrow in nc they offer a pretty good deal and claim top bin diodes. They are on eBay.

1 Like

I have 4 vips u dont want blurples for sure. Spider farmer is about the best bang for buck if u wanna go with other than hlg. But in the end hlg will give u a more solid bud than any other light thats off brand. Loghts is the number 1 not to skimp on with growing. I have 14 loghts here in a closet. Over A grand in just lights sitting collecting dust lol.

4 Likes