Lights for 2x4 tent for max yield

Hey fellow growers i have 2x4 x7 tent and i grow two plants at one time, im thinking of getting two 200w or two 250w one for each plant , any sugestions on some good lights,

5 Likes

What light manufacturer and model? You will want a light built with Samsung LM301 diodes.

3 Likes

Two HLG Diablo 200s would work very well. I use an HLG 260 and an HLG 135 in my 2x4. So I get 395 Watts.

6 Likes

Good call. I was going to suggest a 320, though more watts are better.

3 Likes

My first thought also, a single 320 does quite well. I have an HLG 320 XL in my 4x2 and it’s absurd how well well it performs/yields! I couldn’t imagine adding more wattage in a 4x2 lol

4 Likes

Hi there. welcome to the neighborhood :grinning:

1 Like

Been getting great results from a 260xlr in a 2x4x6 tent.

2 Likes

With @Newt on the 2 HLG 200 diablos, it’ll give you the option to raise one if you’re growing several of different strains that grow at different rates. I have 3 of these little jewels :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’m new to the led’s, but I bought an hlg 350r the other day. I haven’t done a full ru. With it yet, so I can’t offer much other than it’s a bright SOB. I started using it on week 7 of my last grow, and I set it on full power not knowing. I got foxtails, so I’m still learning how to use it, but looks like it’ll work great.

1 Like

An HLG 350r will kill it in a 2x4 bro.

3 Likes

How many samsung lm301 dieods should be in a 200w ligjt and what should the ppfd be on the chart , i understand about the color spectrum but in some quantum boatd lights i see warm white lights and white, red and ir red, and others i see they have a blue light, and i also undetstand about every square ft 50 w so 2x2 =4 x50=200 , so if any of you have gone through this before, any help is appreciated

1 Like

There’s so many variables there my friend. A 200w light could have 100 diodes or over 600 lol. Every manufacturer is different, with different specs, different preferences in spectrum.
Ppfd charts are all over the place as well. That’s why I buy from a reputable light company and recommend to everyone, that provides you with independent ppfd charts. Stellar build quality and impeccable customer service.

All the recommendations were great. I have a diablo 200 and 260w XL V2 Rspect and love it in my 2.5x5.5

2 Likes

Just put the 350 in my 2x4 two weeks ago and its killing it! Cheers

3 Likes

Yup 350r. Or two diablo 200, last i knew they were out of stock of the 200

2 Likes

I’m in the same tent size. I use Viperspectra(2)V300 and (3)R300. V300’s for veg. And add the R300’s at flower! With 4 plants. My yield is 3/4 to a pound of flour every 4 months. With C02! I’m currently in the 3rd week of flowering.

Happy Cannaversary bro! :beers::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you kind sir!

2 Likes

Well thanks for the light info, all
I m doing my home work and looking for the best bang for the buck that will take it from germination to harvest, i see that the viparspectra xs2000, and xs4000 are kind of new but they seem to have the new diods and drivers, for a fair price, if anyone has any reviews on those that would be much appreciated ,
Thanks again for the info

2 Likes

AC infinity might have what you’re looking for. I Support their tents and electronics!