Lights... bloom, veg, or both together?

Hello, I Am using 1500 watt LED lights (box type with three fans built in the top).The timer is set at 6/18. They are full spectrum lights with a Vegetative button and a Bloom button. I used the veg option until the plants stopped gaining height, and then turned off the veg and turned on the red bloom light.

Question is this: being that I am growing auto-flowers indoors, should I use both veg and bloom lights together. I have read several suggestions in other forums that auto’s are not light sensitive as far as blooming, and that using both veg and bloom together throughout the entire grow offers more light to the plants. Is this true or should I continue to use them separately. Not worried about the additional wattage if it makes better plants. Thank you in advance for any info about lighting auto’s.

1 Like

Most use both in flower

2 Likes

I don’t see an issue using both. If it’ll increase wattage, it should increase overall yeild.

2 Likes

Use both I think in the user’s guide manual with some of those lights will tell you to use both for flowering stage.

1 Like

Using both will get you better buds.

1 Like

Definitely use both during flower. Vegetative stage requires less light, so you can get away with just the veg on to save a little money. But, if you don’t care about that, you can run both from start to end. It won’t hurt anything.

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM, @badmaster1. I agree, both switches, start to finish, for the most light possible.

Both veg and bloom. That’s what I’m running on one of my WW photo and it’s getting the best results so far. Just watch your distances with both switches on. I burnt a few leaves before I figured it out @badmaster1

4 Likes