Lights an floor space usage?

Hi All.
I got 200cm x200cm x200cm tent which effectively got 4square meters grow area. I’m planning to buy white widow (fem) seeds. I was just wondering how many plants I can fit in 4sq meters? what do you recommend? ILGM shop gives info possible yield in sq. meters but a newbie like myself is now left wondering how many plants can be fitted per sq. meter.

My second question is about the lighting set up for my 4 sq. meter floor space tent…
I was planning to get 600W HPS + 2x 250W LED one on either side with HPS in the middle.
Would this be enough light? Too much light?
Would such mix set up HPS+LED is a good idea?

1 Like

I used metric but just to give you an idea this would be
tent 78" x 78" x 78" giving around 43 sq. feet grow area ;)))

If those are true 250w LEDs, you should have just enough

I feel like you’ll be a little weak in lighting. A 600 watt hps is good for slightly more than 1m². I’m not sure what kind of led fixtures you have, but I doubt they have the light output of 600, probably about half of a 600.

I was thinking TWO x KINGBO Dual Optical Lens-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants VEG and Bloom(Two Switch, 12-Bands)
picture attached

As well as ONE 600Watt HPS with dual spectrum lamp.

Ok DB , I’ll ask. Have you already purchased your lights? If not, how much can you spend?

1 Like

Not purchased yet. Was thinking about spending £1000 for my whole set up.
Subtracting all other costs I’d probably have about £400 left for the lights alone

1 Like

I’d look into making your own QB lights, would keep usage down and heat for sure.

3 Likes

Reverse the cash flow, for sure. 600 on lights, 400 for accessories.

3 Likes

I can attest to what @Unkindtay and @bryan have stated - I started with 2 king led blurples only to upgrade shortly there after to quantum boards… now I have 2 200$ paper weights :dizzy_face: I wish I could roll that money into two more qbs because the difference in output, power consumption, and reduced heat is a real factor when comparing the two

3 Likes

I take it you’re in U.K. then?

There is a guy that is in your part of world, that builds custom fixtures using the latest LEDs. If you want to go led, I would reach out to him at diyleduk.

I’m going to assume that despite transfer rates and stuff like that, cost on equipment is relative to here. You’re budget is a little low to do a space that size well. I would consider getting into a smaller grow, or setting up a portion of the tent with decent equipment and building on it as you go.

1 Like