Lightning help I don’t know what light to choose

Hello you guys I was wondering could you all help me out. I was read in this light thread all day trying to find what type of light can I use for my grow. I have a 40x40x80 tent vivosun. I want to stick 4 plants in there. Right now I have a mars hydro 600w light that I brought back in 2017. Please help me and can I have a little information on the humidifier and dehumidifiers I am seeing in tents…
thank you

TY

Hey @dbrn32 if you dont mind helping @Extratay424 with the light, might get a tad crowded with 4 plants in a tent that size.

3 Likes

Okay do you think two or three will fit comfortably? @Hungrybud

1 Like

You can do 4 If you don’t veg them too long. And dehumidifiers, best I’ve found is to get one large enough to control room that tent is in, and use that to control intake air.

Are you wanting a new light? Or just an idea of how what you have stacks up?

2 Likes

I’m a little lost because I was told that mars lights will do but it’s not good. I am looking for a light I can go from start to finish. If I do 4 plants how long would you recommend the veg. Period @dbrn32

Welcome to the forum btw!

Depends on your medium and how healthy stay. Hydro or coco will grow a little faster, soil slower. I would see where the plants are at roughly 5 weeks old. You can flip them any time after that. But if they’re still leaving a lot of open floor space, maybe opening them up a little or a topping would help, and let them go a little longer. They usually grow quite a bit through transition, idea is to have full canopy or close by couple weeks of 12/12.

Whoever told you that light would be good for 11+ plus square feet had really low aspirations as a grower, or was a little confused on what they were looking at. Even two of them would put you into mediocrity. What kind of budget do you have to upgrade?

5 Likes

I rather do like a plug and play… do to my work schedule. Budget wise I’m looking to spend around 600 or 800 for a good light. As I do know that the light have a huge part in the grow. I’m looking to do at least 2 or 3 grows a year. Depends on my yields and quality. @Hungrybud @dbrn32
And thank you very much for taking time to help me and enlighten me on this.

1 Like

Not a lot of commercial lights for that space. You kinda get stuck going with light for 3x3, or a light for 4x4. If you buy a qb kit from growerslights they will assemble for small fee. Comes ready to hang and plug in. If you go that route, you would be between a 320 xw kit, and two of the 260 kits. I don’t really like how high two board 320 kits run current, but it would work. Going with two of the 260 kits would be little more than you need, but give you a lot of flexibility in coverage and you’d probably never have to run your lights at 100%.

2 Likes

Two Hlg 260 xls ($700 unassembled) grew this:

This is 1 of 7 clones

All thanks to this guy @dbrn32

7 Likes

Looks like she almost made football status!

4 Likes

That’s what I would like to achieve! :ok_hand:t5: How can I get in touch with growerslights.? Is it a sight? And I think I would go with the two 260. @dbrn32 @SilentHippie what strain is that? Thank y’all both again

3 Likes

Add .com to end of it, should get you there

2 Likes

I found the site and the xw 260, 3000k. But which board is best qb288 v2 or qb304? @dbrn32

1 Like

If you go that route, you would want 320 xw not 260, unless you get two.

Either way, I would try to get 288 boards. It’s a more flexible setup if you want to change something in the future.

3 Likes

That is a Strawberry Kush clone from ILGM. Her mother yielded 6.5 oz dried and I have 3 more clones coming down. All clones should yield over 4 oz.

Trust me, these lights grow weed!

3 Likes

Im in a 2x2x4. 2 ladies, 2 maxsisun 300 adj, the shape of the light allowed me to put 2 in there. 2 fans, humidifier. 2 gal pots. looks like at least 2 oz per. Approximately 18" tall. Adding the second made a huge difference. A decent light at 600w should be sufficient, But at that height, Id probly use 2. Maxsisun makes a 450w dimmable. I think 2 of them would be about perfect. Less than $150 apiece. 3 maybe, 4 might be tight. Especially, after they get some weight on and start to spread.

5 Likes

Should I add a heat sink to my lights I have two 260 xls? @dbrn32 @SilentHippie

1 Like

They come with heatsink right?

1 Like

Only if I ask for it, but I have already placed the order. They have not sent them out yet. They say they are behind on orders do to the high volume of orders being placed. @dbrn32

1 Like

The kit comes with heatsink and everything else you need to assemble the light.

2 Likes