Lighting vs buds

Gratz on the buds!!

Check the web site for details on flowering…the number of days listed is an approximation, an average…yours may be a week faster or slower or right on, you watch and you determine when ready. It’s easy checking, it’s part of the process…

Thank you
Where do I check on the site?

1 Like

At the top of this web page…click “seeds”…find your variety, click it…there’s a red button “Details”, click it…look for “more details”, click it…read all about it.

Good morning DonaldJ,
I’m concerned about my plants. I’ve attached pictures to show you my concerns.
I switched to 12/12 lighting about 3 weeks ago. Leaves started falling off, curling and actually turning brown. Buds look very healthy in the top section by the light. I just recently added two quad colored LED panels to enhance lighting the lower section of plants. I wondering if I have been over watering so I changed from twice a day to once every other day. I would appreciate your advice. I’m a new grower and trying to figure this out.

Respectfully,
Roger

Attention Donaldj,
OOPS, forgot to attach pictures.

You have some heat stress going on which is why many of your leaves are curling the light is too close to your plants the curled leaves could be from over watering too? But I would like to know what your temps are high/low and can you hold back of your hand comfortably at where your canopy is under your light?
Ideal Temperature For Marijuana Plants

Noticed your Side LED’s look to close as well, Most LED’s
need about 18" or so for the light can blend

I’d have to agree with heat stress.

I don’t think the side LEDs are the powerful type at all, not the type that would cause problems up close and for some side lighting. I agree they won’t blend as well on the parts of the plant that is up close, but I don’t really think it is anything to worry about either. But I am also uncertain of how much help they’ll do as side lighting, if they are the 13.8 watt or "14 watt " types, then they are the ones that have given a lot of people a bad idea about LEDs, they just are not very powerful at all, and are usually only used for super minimal lighting in keeping a small mother plant in veg.

I’m guessing the cutting back on your watering did not help, and maybe some of the leaves even got worse?

If so, this also confirms stress from the light being too close and it being too hot up top.

~MacG

Thank you Donaldj. I’ll get all the requested info you this afternoon. I think it maybe overwatering. I quit watering 3 days ago and the soil still feels moist to the back of my hand. The light is air cooled so it isn’t hot at all. Air temp is a consistent 73 degrees F. Is it supposed to be thin at the bottom section or thick all the way down?
Thanks again, I’ve learned a lot since I started this endeavor

Hello FND,
The LEDS are only 18watts and don’t generate any heat. Or are you saying the light is too bright? I understand that you think they are too close because they don’t blend well at that distance. I think I’ve messed up by trying to grow these plants in a 6ft Agro tent as well.

Thank you MacGyverStoner,
Good input on side LED’s. I’m leaning more towards I’ve overwatered. Since I’ve cutback on watering, will my babies recover? Also, I don’t think it’s heat stress, my main light is air cooled and the glass is faintly warm to the touch that is under the light.

Well then if you don’t think it’s heat stress then the bulb must be a 400 watt? because if any of my plants got that close to my cool tube 600 they would be subject to rapid dehydration light burn or heat stress over watering would mean you end up with ph fluctuations or root rot and your plant would usually show leave drooping. If you suspect over watering you will need to get your ph figured out and let your plants dry out quite a bit meantime fill out a ticket.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

No I don’t think its heat from the LED’s. I only mentioned the distance as I noticed
they looked to close for prober light blending. Something you can try would be to
put a white piece of paper or cardboard just at the edge of the plant and look to see if the light reflected against the white background has areas of blue and red or does it look even, Looking for even color.

I don’t think the LEDs are harmful on the side at all, and they are probably helping some for the lower growth.

If it isn’t heat or light intesity that is too much, I’d have to go back to the old stand byes pH and nutrient concentration, also known as EC/TDS/PPM. Taco leaves can be a pH problem as well as heat, and sometimes it can be from a nutrient overdose also.

If you can get us an idea of your soil’s pH and or nutrient concentration, that would be very helpful.

~MacG.

I feel like I’ve over fed my babies and they may be burning up. I have a tendency to be over zealous sometimes, more is better attitude. When I bought Agrotent system it came vegetation and bud nutrients. I also mixed worm casings with the soil that came with tent, about a 10% ratio. So I’m guessing that when I switched to 12/12 lighting the nutrients became an issue. I have switched to filtered water now. I haven’t checked PH yet. Not sure of the correct process. Do I get the soil from root level?

The most accurate way is to get some soil from the root level, but you can check the run-off as well.

~MaG

Hello MacGyver my plants have matured I need some help determining how to prune after I hang them upside down and also how long I hang upside down and where do I hang them upside down and how long does it take to dry