Lighting upgrade

Hello, I have been growing autoflowers successfully for two years or so but I am ready for some upgrades.

I currently use a dedicated room to grow 10 auto’s at a time. I use Super Soil mixed with FFO/Happy Frop and have almost perfectly PH’d water. There is a full time fan and vent into the ceiling, humidity controlled to 45-55% and the AC keeps the temp at about 84 degrees. I use cloth five gallon pots. Each plant has it;s own dedicated light and each light is on a timer 18/6.

I currently produce about two ounces per plant give or take… My question is this, what is a good LED light upgrade if I want to continue one light per plant. I currently use the cheap box type 1000-1200 watt lights and they work okay. I want tighter bigger buds, any suggestions?

3 Likes

Welcome ! what size space are you working with.

It is a back bedroom… 12X12 feet? The room is divided to cut down space with reflective foam boards. I have two rows of 5 plants, each has its own light hanger and space.

1 Like

HLG 260 kits. 4 of them. Use promo code “dude” For 10% off.

IMO those are the best lights for the least amount of money. There are lots of good lights out there, I feel these offer the best performance and the best value

4 Likes

I recommend looking at (HLG)Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum board LED lights. That would be a good place to start they offer a quality LED. @dbrn32 help me out on this divided 12 x 12 space .

4 Likes

260 RSpec kits**

3 Likes

So you basically have 2 grow spaces built into this room, if I’m understanding correctly? How big is each?

1 Like

I have a raised (12 inches) plywood platform that runs from one wall to the other. It is wide enough to accommodate two rows of five plants. Above each plant will be a hanger with a light. In the center of the plants, on the deck, I have an electric bathroom type vent that runs a four inch pipe to through the ceiling, attic, and out through a roof vent. there is a ceiling fan running on medium all the time. There is also an AC unit in the window that keeps the humidity and temp in check. I have part of the room blocked off with two inch thick Styrofoam type reflective board with a small porthole type entrance to keep the odor away from my main living area. It works great, need better lights. I would send pics, but in your state, what could considered pictures could be called evidence in my state… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are a bunch of us that live in those states. The forum removes all meta data from pictures. So rest assured, this is anonymous.

1 Like

You light look at the 260 XL kits as well. Those might offer you better coverage.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking the XL would be a good choice also, but I still don’t understand how big each divided space is.

2 Likes

I use HLG lighting and I squeezed my buds the other day and described it as squeezing and apple. Solid buds.

The the piece of plywood you have just a 4x8 raised up 12 inches?

2 Likes

I get not posting pics. What we’re trying to figure out is your light density average. Your plant count doesn’t matter as much as having the correct amount of photosynthetic photon flux per area. Once you get that right it doesn’t matter if you have 1 plant or 20 plants, your results should be inline with expectations.

2 Likes

Put simply, what are the physical dimensions of your two grow spaces
Space 1:
Space 2:

2 Likes

I understand the illegal state issue I’m in Tennessee they are less than visionaries on the cannibus subject. But I still like pictures especially when you start having problems like this previous issue.excess temp caused mute burn.

And I learned adapted my setup and here we are now.

Guaranteed your number one recommend light is going to be a hlg 260 xl. It’s by far the number one recommended light.

1 Like

Not divided by individual plant, two rows of five, two feet apart. They almost touch and often the branches mingle a little, but mostly this space works great. They all get enough light to themselves. If there are opinions on that I would like to hear. I know I couldn’t get along with a 4 foot square space if they weren’t autos. :slight_smile:

On cinder blocks, set on their side, so I don’t have to stoop so much to tend to them. Plus the room still has carpet. I know… lol. The cloth pots are set inside of those plastic pvc type drawers that you get cheep at Walmart. They work great as pot trays. Use the drawers and throw away the cheap frame.

Here are two pics of my room. One side shows the “table and lights,” and the other shows my foam dividing wall that separates the main door to the room from the grow side.

2 Likes

Definitely go the route of HLG lights. I love getting 2 lbs per crop. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like