Lighting upgrade question/First Grow

Hi! I posted this in my grow journal but, I’m new and don’t have a lot of folks following me. (Sorry if this isn’t allowed) I have had some great help so far and I am extremely grateful for the folks that have commented in my journal.

I have 6 GSCx autos in a 4x4 tent. After researching on here I realized my 2-vivosun 1000 full spectrum led’s are likely not enough to make it through flowering. I purchased an HLG 260xl rspec which seems recommended often (I plan on getting another soon). My question is, can I add the HLG when it arrives without causing any harm or damage to the plants? Is it best to wait it out until my next grow.

Thanks in advance. Here’s a photo today of my babies.

4 Likes

Absolutely, just be sure to dim the fixture, and increase over time, so you don’t burn the leaves.

6 Likes

Awesome! thanks for the fast reply. Was I right about the 2 Vivosun fixtures not being enough?

Yes like above add, turn up slowly. Also very nice, good looking plants, and I’m new in first grow I did 3 GSCX autos, I’ll tag u if u tag me lol
Also might want to start thinking about some type of training with 6 girls I imagine it will get kinda full in there, Keep up good work

5 Likes

For sure. Thanks. I am still getting the hang of the board commenting and adding people. I have spent a ton of time reading as not to ask a ton of newbie questions that have been answered. I know light stress can make them Hermie which is obviously a fear being so new at this. I guess to follow I just @your name?

Thanks again!

2 Likes

They covered you on the fine tunings of what to do but I’m in agreeance about adding it that your plants will love you all the more for more lighting :slight_smile: Sounds like you have a great thing going. Sorry to have missed your Journal thus far, following along now. happy growing and welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep go to your grow journal and @ then Name, if you have see my grow journal ask 1 million questions, and still have more lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! I am pretty excited. I have grown some gardens in the past but, nothing like this. So much to learn. This forum is really awesome and has got me this far just by reading as much as I can.

4 Likes

TRULY an awesome place to gain what you need to succeed :slight_smile: It was the 2nd forum I got to, by suggestion and i’m so glad i listened. haven’t even visited the other again since, lol. Way better and more friendly and HELPFUL atmosphere here :wink:

5 Likes

Your plants will love you for the switch

6 Likes

Assemble an install light your plants will Thank you. Plants look awesome

4 Likes

Like you already heard, great choice of lights. You and your plants will love it.

3 Likes

You already got the great advice from other folks but I’ll echo it again anyway. :wink:

Yes. I upgraded from the exact same lights you have now in a 4x4. I got the 260XL (same light, longer heat sink) for my 4x4.

If I’m honest the 2 VS1000’s and 1 260 will get you there, but if you’re in the return window for the VS1000s I’d suggest swapping them and grabbing another 260 or something similar. Your plants will thank you. The 1000s are fine for veg (that’s what mine are doing now) but 200 true watts between the two of em ain’t much for a 4x4 or even really a 4x2 (because I don’t trust that the diodes are actually as high quality as they suggest).

1 Like

Thanks for the input. It’s good to hear from someone who has done the same thing. I do plan on getting the second 260 or (Xl) soon. Hopefully in the next week or two. The vivsosun lights seem to have done really well for me in veg as I read more I realized I wouldn’t be able to finish this the way I want without the right lights.

3 Likes

HLG has a 15% off sale right now on select models.

4 Likes