Lighting time for autos

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the Grow Support category:

I’ve been growing bubba Kush.lighting on 24/7 they’ve been growing for a while now flowering yet. Do I need to switch from 24/7 to get to Bloom…or can I leave at 24/7 and they Bloom when ready.
They’re getting rather large…lol
Auto flower

3 Likes

Autos will bloom regardless of light timing.
However sometimes the Auto gene is weak and a change to 12/12 will trigger flowering.
18/6 is where a lot of growers feel the best balance of light dark is for autos.

9 Likes

Like @Spiney_norman :point_up: said

4 Likes

Exactly I was thinking they needed a change or shock to snap them out of it. My veg closet is on 18/6 and I have an auto that was a sprout on 11/20 and she’s flowering. Welcome to this great place.

2 Likes

I hear the six hours of dark also lets the plants cool down a bit. That helps give them a nudge too.

1 Like

What do you think would happen if you put an auto flower on18 hours on and 7 hours off schedule?

Umm those sound like the same options lol.

But autos are notorious for being finicky.

Me personally, id set it to 20/4 or 18/6 and be done with em

sorry thought I pushed send a while ago, Spiney hit the nail on the head

4 Likes

From what I have read and done Auto’s do what they want when they want to most of the time, like @Spiney_norman and @GreggT Gregg mentioned and @PurpNGold74

She’s a 11/20 sprout. The last run of this strain was 50 days from sprout to dryer

2 Likes

Our first ever grow, we think 2 autos banana kush 3.5 gal pots will hit at least 9 zips total, we had 1 super soil, water only, 8 days hung 3 oz

12/12 cycle

How long have they vegged for?

1 Like

Blind squirrel law in action :probing_cane::chipmunk:

3 Likes

Is this supposed to be ‘not’??

If so drop your light schedule back to 12/12 and it’ll help force them to flip if they’re refusing. How old are they?

I didn’t mark down the day because of auto flower… going on 3 months.theyre looking good… bushy
I was beginning to wonder… worse comes to worse I can always change lighting.i like that they’re doing well…just wanting to see then buds … should produce well.i hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I normally go a 20/4 cycle or a 18/6 cycle you cant go wrong with either a 24/7 or a 20/4 or 18/6 ,

2 Likes

3 months a lot of my autos were already done or close to being done…I would start them at 24/7 then drop down to 18/6 once they were well established. If your at 3 months I would hit them with a 12/12 to force flower. Pic is worth 1000 words…

3 Likes

Blockquot

Here’s a few

1 Like