Lighting suggestions

Hey everyone I’m wanting some lighting suggestions. The set up I’m wanting to do is 4 (5x5) areas with 1 light each. I prefer LED to save cost on electricity, and don’t mind spending to get the proper lighting now instead of upgrading later. I’m currently looking at 4 Nextlight megas but I’m open to suggestions. Thanks in advance. Side note would love something with timer and possibly dimming capabilities for veg.

1 Like

I would reccomend instead going with 2 lights 2 hlg 260 xl (or the 320 would probably cover the space even better) but you could do 4 135 and just set a surge bar on a timer

2 Likes

I’ll look into it thanks for the feedback!

If you go by the general rule of thumb that gets bantered about on this forum, you need about 35 watt per square foot of quality light for flowering. 5x5x35 = 875 watt per grow space if you plan on using all of them for flowering, less wattage on spaces used for vegging.

Having multiple smaller lights provides flexibility that you can’t get from a single fixture.

The lights you mentioned would probably do well for vegging. Adding supplemental lighting during flowering would be advised.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I will continue my research till I find the best fit.

1 Like

Do you have any recommendations on an led light that pulls 8-900 watts and uses that energy efficiently? And also wanting to see some smaller lights at about 4-450 of wattage pull if you know of some. I’m currently searching the web. I’D just like to hear some input. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the community ! HLG (Horticulture Lighting Group) has a good selection of quality LED lights. Lights come with dimmer capability. If you choose to go with two smaller lights will give you some flexibility. If you use the code (dude) can get you 10% off.
Happy growing

1 Like

For that much light in that many separate spaces I’d seriously consider building your own. People have used the knowledge and help here to build some really nice lights.

3 Likes