Lighting questions in preflower

I have a GSCE auto from ILGM that is about 25 days from sprout. She’s a foot tall, showing pistils. I have a Viparspectra P600 on her, at the manufacturers recommended settings, 100% about 24".

When her new growth comes in on the top, the very tip of the leaves appear light damaged. I mean the very tips. All bottom growth is fine and she is not getting any extra except molasses and kelp so I’m pretty positive it’s nothing to do with watering. Calmag starts this weekend, as well as FF trio, ex the seedling nutes.

Other than “Get a better light”, are there any recommendations on where and how intense I should set this light? As well as in a couple of weeks when she does flower, any recommendations?? TIA

Also, I have an outdoor that has worms after using neem and Jack’s Dead Bug Juice. Any recommendations there?? Sorry, reeeeally didn’t want to make another topic. Thanks again everyone, and happy growing!!

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lights on in an hour or so and I’ll have some. The regular light in her room is too dim for a good shot.

1 Like

When I find bugs I’ll spend a few days treating all my plants. Then I 'll give them a few days and treat them again. I usually treat my outdoor plants once a week.

1 Like

Definitely renaming vigilant. Didn’t snap to me that they’re probably falling out of the 60’ trees in the yard.

I honestly can’t get a shot of the white tips. I mean like the very last millimeter of the leaves. After looking at the first growth I noticed it on, though, it seems to fill inHere she is though. I’m also running the light 12/12.

Standard 14 1/2" drumstick for comparison.

2 Likes

I wouldnt worry about it, your lights been to far away this can be seen by how far the nodes are spacdd apart and the stretch of the plant.
Move it a bit closer.
No need for cal mag, your plants much to small and in soil I woildnt worry about that your gonna mess with the nutrient ratio adding cal mag right now.

Get a fan to provide a breeze or its going to just fall over.
Is your light on 20hr a day and off 4? If not that’s what your gonna want.

3 Likes

I was thinking the recommendations that actually came with the light were pretty off from what I’ve read of people’s input. I dropped the light from 24", down to about 16", still at 100%. I gave my outdoor her first shot of nutes and calmag yesterday morning and woke up to her with double the sex pistils and she’s about a week older, so that’s why I was going to start this one on nutes.

1 Like

And is it cool to just switch to 20/4 or do I need to do a few days of 16/8 before? She’s an auto so I guess I can go right to it.

1 Like

Right away. Always give autos lots of light.

2 Likes

Already did it. I set it to 20/4. I’ve read here and there about doing a 6/2 and even 7/1 for AUTOS. It’s still the same amount of light and dark in 24 hours. Just shorter more frequent naps. Know anything on that??

1 Like

Gas light method or something. I have never done it, autos get their auto genetics from here in northern Canada and Russia where in the summer the darkness never happens. However they are crossed with a large amount of photo period genetics so sleep still has its role.

1 Like

Ya like how people get a nap sometimes. Was just kinda curious about it. There’s so much about these plants that almost gives them an actual personality.

1 Like