Lighting question. So indecisive lol

This is my journal. I’m also in the grow off although my plants are just babies and won’t go under them for another six weeks. My Maui wowie clones are currently under the QB. I’ve only had that QB light in play for about 2.5 weeks since I built it.

2 Likes

Thanks man

2 Likes

@Sixpackdad. My sincerest apologies on ur journal. I missed that part. :v:

1 Like

@dbrn32 sorry to bother you again lol
Would 2 of these( QB304 QUANTUM BOARD & SLATE 2) be better than 4 qb132w boards? They say that can be powered up to 150w each. Also I’ve changed my set up. Was going to do a 2x4 tent with the 4 QB 132w boards we discussed. But I’m going to grow in a different closet (wifes choice lol) this one will fit 3x3 tent. Any ideas?

1 Like

Could do the 4 132w QBs in a square pattern. Just looked up the sizes. They would fit.

2 Likes

Either of those setups will work. Going with 4 smaller boards will give you more light coverage. It may be cheaper too, hard to keep up with sale prices.

3 Likes

Thought the original plan would work just wanted your opinion! Thanks. Could iget away with 4 small autos in the 3x3

1 Like

@dbrn32 I’m looking to buy a couple extra small boards in the specific light range for flowering. Would these or any other recommended boards be good to boost bud size?

1 Like

Those are only available in 5000k, which would be typically considered veg spectrum.

You want to maybe look at the qb18? That’s all reds, designed to supplement the warm white 80cri spectrum of the 288, 304, or 324 boards. Or maybe do something with a 4 pack of 3000k 120 or 132 boards.

1 Like

They come in 4k or 5k but i thought that was flower :sweat_smile: thanks ill go look at those.

Ok @dbrn32 so im going to build a light out of the 4 pack hlg 120’s with the HLG-240H-C2100A. If i do the 3000k instead of 3500k i wouldnt need to get extra lights for flowering? Or would it still help to get thwm for the extra bud growth

2 Likes

And those qb18’s look really interesting. And 50$ aint bad

1 Like

3000k or 3500k will both flower fine. There’s got to be close to 50+ members here using 1 or the other. If you want to add a qb 18 or two and they will fit, you certainly can. But don’t feel like you need to.

1 Like

It looked like 4000k was out of stock too sorry.

All good. If it wont make a big difference then i wont add them. No need to spend more money right away.