Lighting question. So indecisive lol

As of now ive figured everything out for my first grow. Was gonna do the 27"x27" tent with the HLG 135w V2. But now im considering the 2’Dx4’W tent. That way i can grow two different plants. So looking for recommendations for lights that would cover 2’x4’

Okay @dbrn32

Looks like yer up again

3 Likes

Thanks i actually wanted to talk with but couldnt rememeber his name. Im looking into diy bro. Seems simple enough. Led board or cob, driver and heatsink. As for technicals im still kind of lost lol. But if i could get some links to sites that sell this stuff im actually watching videos now of diy boards

1 Like

Ok so after watching some videos im confident i could do it but dont want to. Seems like way too much work lol also seeing how expensive this is. The HLG 135 is 180$ for the kit. I could probably bump that up to 300$ for the 2x4 bit can’t find any decent kits

1 Like

Diy is going to save you some money. If you like the qb’s and want to go that route, I think we’ve found a hot little setup for them. Something like a 4 pack of qb 120’s on hlg 240h-c2100a driver. Very similar to light levels of a 260 kit that i would recommend for that space, but you can build it for roughly $100 cheaper. It’s a nice little setup for not much more than a couple of small blurples would cost. There’s a few members here with them, but only one thats completed a grow off the top of my head is @Not2SureYet.

2 Likes

Well if i can get the leds pre assembled im down. Bit soldering and making board is above my pay grade lol. Ive got the just of the functions of the leds, drivers and heatsinks but extensive wiring and soldering is scary as ive never done either

1 Like

Wow @dbrn32 that 4 pack is only 120.

2 Likes

Ok that kit is 320$ thats not bad. But if i can build it cheaper im down. Anyone that can make a parts list would be a big help!

2 Likes

4 pack of boards
Driver mentioned above
Roughly 10’ aluminum angle
25’ 18awg solid wire rated for 300v
5 pack of 2 port wago connectors
16/3 power cord. (With ground)
3 pole waterproof connector (optional)
Misc hardware.

For tge hardware you’ll need to assemble the aluminium into a frame for boards and fasten boards to frame. I believe the boards take 4mm bolt or screw, but i dont have one in frknt of me. You can also substitute for something like small machine screws or whatever. I also usually install 4 small eye bolts to hang light. Some people will just drill a hole into frame. There’s a lot of flexibility to be creative or use stuff you may already have laying around

7 Likes

Awsome thanks!!! Ill go look that stuff up now

2 Likes

Let me know if you need help with any of it.

2 Likes

Wow @dbrn32 this stuff is cheap when you piece it together. Before hardware im at 210$ give or take. And i work for lowes so hardware isnt a problem. I ant to thank you for all your help. Im going to go with this set up. Once i buy it in a couple weeks ill hyu if i have any questions!

4 Likes

That will help! I’ll be around, happy to help.

2 Likes

I went with four QB132 V2s on a 240w, 1750a driver in a 2x4 with the angle bar. You’ll be real happy with what @dbrn32 has proposed.

5 Likes

@Sixpackdad dude im so stoked for that set up. Was gonna do a small tent and one plant but the more i look at strains the more i want a bigger set up. I think a 2x4 will be better. Im glad to see some results because even though I’m sure you all are good at what you do. Im no baller and 500$ is a lot of money to spend for me lol so ive been doing a lot of research and q&a for the subject

2 Likes

Couple questions sixpack. Do you use autos or photo? How many plants can you maintain in that size tent and whats ur average yiekds?

3 Likes

I overstuff my grows. I have more plants crammed in a small space.

My first two grows were autos, my grows since have been photos.

My first two grows with autos, which was about 12 plants total, produced about about 9 months supply of herb for my wife and I (about 21 qt jars). I never weighed the final product, but given that we went through about 2oz per month prior to growing our own, I figure it got me a little over a pound.

My third grow was five LA Condfidential photos that I started outdoors and finished indoors. I had a lot of insect problems. I got six jars of weed, plius a jar of coconut infused oil, and about 10ml of concentrate, which lasted about 3 months. I figure I had reduced yield becasue of the bug problems (mites, aphids, and gnats) but the potency was a big step improvement over the autos.

I just harvested six Maui Wowie plants, that I scrogged. This time I battled white powerdy mildew, but I dont think it had an overall negative effect on yield and quality.
I got 9 jars of weed so far and a jar of coconut oil extract. I am very please with the quality of the high. I have a bunch more branches in the fridge that I will dry and make some concentrate out of. This will more than bridge to may next harvest in March when I pull down my three goal leafs. My goal is to continually harvest every 6 weeks.

https://ilgmforum.com/t/first-time-grower-mistakes-white-widow-auto-indoor-soil-400w-hps-400wmh/16354/83

https://ilgmforum.com/t/2cd-grow-indoor-soilless-400mh-400hps-white-widow-auto-colorado-cookie-auto-pineapple-express-auto/16961/27

https://ilgmforum.com/t/3rd-grow-outdoor-veg-indoor-flower-5-la-confidential-fem-soilless/24769/16

1 Like

Man those are awsome results! I was going to do autos but from my research i think what ill do is plant a few and see what survives. Probably do 2-3 plants. I got so “in my opinion” lucky my wife doeant even drink. So its all mine lol i smoke about an ounce a month. So as long as this harvest keeps me till the next ill be a happy camper

2 Likes

And to answer your original question, a 2x2 plot is good aveage space for one plant. I currently am more at 1x2.

3 Likes

@Sixpackdad do you by chance have a journal going with those 4 QB132’s? I’m really excited about starting on this soon and am just interested in reading more about this light or results from it.

1 Like