Lighting Question needing help

2.5 g per watt lol I’d love to see thatight grow 580 g s

2 Likes

I watched a video last night about the lights i have … at 48 inches these hlg 600v2 rspecs are over 1100 ppfd …I repeat at 48 inches u can build em for about 600$… perfect for a 4x4 and that mars light is only 3 inches wide how even can the coverage possibly be I mean common atleast spread it over a foot

1 Like

@fano_man where is the video at ? Id like to see it.

Found it. Thats at 24” very nice light !!! The price for that kit is so great !!! What a deal. Wish i saw those before i got new lights.

1 Like

I got 4 of em I’m lit the f uuup

1 Like

@dbrn32 Well I finally got the go ahead on a new light and since you are neo of the lightening matrix. What do I need with the QB and everything to construct and install? I’ll attach a picture that I seen someone post. I’m trying to build a light for a 2x4x6. Would like to cover almost the entire 4 ft length. Hoping I can do this for no more than 400. Thank you for your time and info.

1 Like

@dbrn32 you wouldn’t recommend the 320 xl rspec for a 2x4 grow. I think that would be perfect from start to finish in a tent that size ? I’m not the expert by any means but for his budget 85 buck more for another ft of light isnt too bad . They are on hlg for 485 with free shipping . Or even 3 of the round cob leds(rspec) 104 watts with dimmer that they have from optic led ? Just a suggestion ?

Actually scratch 3 of the round cobs , it would only take 2 because each 1 covers a 2x2 so you would only need 2 and also they are 239.00 apiece but you save 3% on them right now .

@Konflict All you need is a small Phillips and a wire strippers. It’s pretty easy to put together. I just did 2 of these kits recently.

If you order that 260xl kit you put up it will come with everything you need to get it running. I think that heatsink is something like 38-39" long. So just enough to have a few inches of clearance on each end of a 2x4.

1 Like

I usually don’t. The light density levels with 320xl are above what you need to hit recommended DLI. For someone trying to maintain a reasonable budget and run efficient grows the 260xl kit is the right choice. The 320xl kit is better fit for growers who aren’t really limited by budget or need as much weed possible out of their space without considering how efficient they’re growing.

2 Likes

So are the 320 xls not really efficient?

No: more diodes at same voltage means more photons. Your PPF is way higher than the 260 and is not needed unless running a closed CO2 grow or something.

3 Likes

Saturation occurs then u must ad co2 or u plateau more light more co2 more food more water it’s a sliding scale

1 Like

Like @Myfriendis410 said, I meant more energy than plants can handle.

1 Like

@dbrn32 what is the saturation point before co2 is required to progress 1200 ppfd can benefit from up to 800 ppms of co2 or is it 1500 ppfd benefits from 800 to 1200 ppm co2 I forget what the saturation point is

Whoa alot lower then I thought 500ppfd per square meter benefits from co2 that’s quite a bit easier to achieve then i thought

Point of diminishing returns under most circumstances is a ppfd average between 600-800 umols per second under most circumstances, on ambient co2.

Thanks everyone for the input. Got the HLG and the ladies love it

3 Likes