Lighting Question needing help

Are there any (non blurple) lights on the market that are budget friendly (under 300) that are 3-4 foot in length? Have a 2x4x6 tent and not enough light to cover 2 ladies at full growth being they have to sit side by side due the 2 foot restriction. Light i have claims a 3x3 footprint but im not buying the projected power at the height ratio. T.I.A

Look at Horticulture lighting Quantum boards.

5 Likes

Ditto… look at the 260xl. Right size for 2x4.

5 Likes

Yep. It’s a little more than $300, but you will be happy you got it.

3 Likes

I bought the qb (quantum board) 120 v2’s and driver + the wiring and connectors and framing for around 250 and I am lighting a 3x3

So I’m sure you can do it!

4 Likes

What light are you currently running? You could possibly put something together DIY from HLG or another similar company, for less than ‘kit’ cost. Might put you closer to that $300 range. Then just use your other light as a supplement until you can replace or upgrade further.

1 Like

Vivosun 600w full spectrum LED

1 Like

The Vivosun 600 puts out at least 270 actual watts, which isn’t horrible for that space. There are Amazon 2000 watt equivalents that only put out 125 actual watts. You simply need better light spacing. I would check out the kit that @Audiofreak mentioned. It would absolutely be worth it for those two plants.

I just purchased the kit they are taking about. My tent is 5x5 but flower area is 4x4. HLG is at 22" from indicas. I have since lowered to 18" above canopy. You could probably buy the parts of the light separately to save some $$ and put the cost closer to your budget.

2 Likes

Yeah. It does fine for 1. Anything more and the light isn’t going to cover it evenly

1 Like

@Konflict I had the same problem. Only 1 light in a 4x4 and the dominate of the 2 plants meant the one was a light hog.

I’ve since upgraded to the HLG 260xl R-spec once they get here

3 Likes

I assembled 4 self mounted HLG 132qb 3K with a 250w driver for about $250 for a 2x4x5 tent

1 Like

At risk of getting flamed again and again, ill suggest once more a Mars Hydro SP250 light…
That’s an almost 4ft long light bar that would fit perfectly on a 2x4 tent, and is about 250 usd…
Not a blurple, but a nicer than average chinese light…

3 Likes

Stick to your guns on the Mars Hydro lights. Like I said before, we need competition to bring costs down.

4 Likes

This review from Migro is pretty good on the SP250…

1 Like

And, of course, if you can get your hands on an HLG fixture, then you’ll be set…

1 Like

Yeah if it wasnt for the blurple straining my eyes (even with LED glasses on) id get another vivosun bc it didn’t do bad hanging over 1 lady and they are cheap. Just link them together and let it go

1 Like

OK this is the specs on the mars sp250, to all my light/electrical gurus. How does this stack up against the QBs? Mars price is $270 with free shipping

1 Like

And if I was to get either the QB or Mars, should I still try incorporating the vivosun 600w in the tent too or would It be too much have both in the same 2x4x6 tent

It’s a lower wattage, uses Epistar instead of top bin Samsungs. Plus; having been bitten by misleading advertising, I get a hairy eyeball when I see trigger phrases like: 2.5 g/watt, Compare to 400 watt HPS, and no independent testing.

I will say this: HLG is proud of their lights and show their test data every chance they get. Nobody else does that.

Comparing HLG 550 V2 Rspec and HLG 550 V2

COMPARING HLG 550 V2 RSPEC AND HLG 550 V2

by Horticulture Lighting Group [5 Comments]

FEATURES

• Proven Design with over 3000 units sold
  • Highest efficiency per watt per dollar gives the most light for your money and low power consumption
  • Reliable Passive Cooled Design with minimum point of Failures
  • Full Spectrum for optimal plant growth

Conforms to UL Std 1598
Certified to CSA Std C22.2#250.0

LAB REPORTS

HLG 550 V2 R spec Report

HLG 550 V2 Report

IMPROVEMENTS

HLG 550 V2 R spec offers more light output with a red enhanced spectrum.

More output and better spectrum with similar power consumption gives you unbeatable performance and price.

HLG 550 V2 R spec is ideal for flowering and full cycle. HLG 550 V2 4000K is ideal for Veg cycles.

550 V2 Rspec vs V2

COMPARISON AT 240VAC BETWEEN 550V2 3000K AND 550V2 R SPEC

SPECTRUM COMPARISON

R spec Full Spectrum ( 3500K White + 660nm )

V2 Full Spectrum ( 3000K White )

V2 Full Spectrum ( 4000K White for veg)

LED COMPARISON

HLG 550 V2 uses 1152 pcs of Samsung LM301B LED. Available in 3000K and 4000K

HLG 550 V2 uses 1088 pcs of Samsung LM301B LED in 3500K and 64 Osram SSL Deep Red 660nm

2 Likes

I agree with all of that for sure, and i don’t compare it directly to an HLG light, but i propose it as the best option from the chinese, those grams per watt numbers are marketing traps, same with the hps replacement…
But as the guy from Migro found, they are pretty efficient, and very bright with good intensity spread, specially for a Chinese LED…
And its under 270 usd ready to go…

2 Likes