Lighting. I.l.I

Anyone ever used iron lung industries before? I was just quoted at hlg 260 equivalents for half the price. They are based out of Michigan. Anyone ?

2 Likes

Never heard of them, but I’m curious now.

2 Likes

Have a link to some info? I tried Google, but came up empty.

1 Like

They only have a Facebook page iron lung industries. But I’ve heard of people getting them. They are based out of Michigan I believe.

1 Like

Use this driver

authentic Samsung 301b chips.

Im new to qb style lighting so this doesn’t mean much to me but maybe to you it does.

I’m interested to. However I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I just had a good chat with dbrn32 our on board light guru about pretty much this exactly but not that company. In a nut shell he said most if not all companies that are offering hlg knockoffs are not using identical parts. There are lower quality Samsung LEDs, mismatched or lower quality boards and transformers etc. Also I’ve learned my lesson the hard way from so called companies on FB. If I cant find them online and read real customer reviews a d find business ratings on them they wont get my hard earned cash. Just a heads up. @dbrn32

4 Likes

I see lots of comparisons to spider farm lights. Ooooooo, better than a sf2000…

Having been burned by cheap lights before I only deal with reputable companies now.

I also distrust anyone without an actual website.

4 Likes

With HLG being such a fair price for good LED, imo, why go elsewhere?

I couldn’t find anything online about them. That’s a deal breaker for me.

3 Likes

Totally agree. A website can be thrown together for almost nothing.

3 Likes

Even if I know which drivers which boards and which chips are being used? And they can prove it?

1 Like

How do they prove which voltage and flux bins they are using? They can send you picture of anything, doesn’t mean that’s what you’re buying.

1 Like

So there using V3 qb288. Meanwell xlg 240h ab driver. And 301h or 301b Samsung led depending v2 or v3 qb.

I’ll go with hlg probably though.

Thanks guys! For 250$ more I will just go with hlg. 400 vs 650ish. I’ll just go with hlg. Thanks for answering everyone !

1 Like

The knock off quantum boards use these as well but there are different bins for these diodes. They have to meet a certain flux to make it top bin. The lower bin diodes are cheaper and that’s how they get away with selling the quantum boards for cheaper. HLG quantum boards have the top bin diodes on them and that’s why they’re more.

1 Like

How do you differentiate between top bin and bottom bin? Is there some identifier on the diode?

2 Likes

They have to produce a certain flux at a certain current to make it to top bin. I can’t recall the exact number. If they meet the requirement, they go into a “Sk” bin (The 301b@ 3000k anyway; not sure with the 301h) which is the top bin that HLG uses. Ones that fall short go in lower bins.

But do they mark them somehow to differentiate? That’s what I’m wondering. Otherwise how would anyone know?

I’m not sure if they’re marked on the back of each diode. The manufacturer of the boards order Sk bin and that’s what the diode maker sends them. They probably lot test the diodes before putting them on the board. If you wanted to make sure what you were sent was top bin you can test the whole fixture with a light meter. They say the top bin put out around 220 lumens/w. So a full qb288 board should be near 30,000 lumen at 135w