Lighting. HTG. Vs Vivosun

New to it all and everyone i see on here that had a vivosun has switched to HTG and i was curious as to why? Im curently using a Vivosun1000 and may not know any better but to be happy with itat this point…so what are bennifits to switching over?

1 Like

I presume you mean HLG. I’m one of those that switched from a VS light to an HLG. I got the tent kit that came with the VS2000. I used it for two weeks then ordered an HLG 350R. The benefits include everything you could conceive of. The HLG is superior in every way.

To start with their advertising (ppfd charts, coverage, etc) are accurate and not misleading. The light itself makes better use of the spectrum, is brighter, more efficient, provides superior coverage, runs cooler, has a better warranty and so on. It truly is better in every way. I had the VS2000 running at 100% on seedlings. I don’t even have to turn the HLG past notch 7 of 9 in the middle of flowering. I’m sure that will add longevity to the HLG. In my case the VS light would have had half my tent filled with LARF. The HLG has beautiful, dense buds filling the whole canopy.

I 100% recommend HLG.

7 Likes

My VS1000 draws less than 100 watts, at max.
My Vipar Spectras total 1500 (R900 and V600) and draw less that 1000watts at max.
4x4 tent at 20 inches produce PPFD/DLI 800/55 MAX (only at center of flower tent).
The Vipars draw 10X more and produce more.
I didn’t bother to measure the VS1000 as it resides in the veg tent and runs cooler.
Numbers look great, as advertised, from sellers. Good lights cost money and will save money in the long term. Superior product or less time are invaluable.

1 Like

I switched to an hlg 350r from a cmh 315. I love the hlg light. Less power, and it seems to be flowering very nicely. Plenty of light in my 2x4 tent. Never used a tent before either. No heat issues at all.

2 Likes

@Nubie419plus1 I think you will find that we all start with what we have and as we go along we upgrade…lights being the number 1 component in your setup that make the most out of your grow…so if you are getting what you want then you are good…

2 Likes

I was getting ready to upgrade to the vs2000 but didnt want to waste the money if another light for a lil more was way better. But yes sir thats exactly it im upgrading as i can.

Yes sir hlg, it was late when i wrote it. Appreciate you not dogging me over typo. Thanks for input i was getting ready to upgrade to vs2000 and save this for back up but think i will switch. Thanks for the feedback.

No problem. For all I knew htg may have been some new company, so making sure. Definitely do not get a VS2000, please. I would get a Spider Farmer, MarsHydro or my recommendation an HLG. The first time you plug it in and turn it on the difference in quality will be obvious. To be honest you’d probably be way more happy with the 135 (I think) watt HLG than a VS2000.

2 Likes

Mars hydro was my first choich doing research until i found this forum. This many people cant be wrong. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Ok so im old school and when i did my first run i used hps & mh had awesome yields. Led was just starting and not even for grow light so i think im dating back '05. So i know led’s have come a long way but im an old man set in his ways…:rofl: . Now i know the led is better on the light bill bit would it give the same results as those hot 1000w hps/Mh?

1 Like