Lighting hps suggestions first time grower

I ran White widow autos from seed to harvest on 18/6.

4 Likes

No.
You just imitate fall. Turn off 2 hours light after every week. Thats what i do.
But your theory is good @SlowOldGuy :grin:

@Sixpackdad what was your time frame from start to harvest I got grandad purp going.

For my white widow autos it was 12-13 weeks.

@beginner2d just to clarify this drop 2 hrs of light every week, that is during flower stage right?

1 Like

Ofcoirs :grin: :grin:

@Dman1969 is that a double ended light or single and where did you get it?

1 Like

Single ended with both mh and hps
Bulbs and I got it from amazon itā€™s a ipower brand 400 watt for a little over a hundred bucks. :v::call_me_hand:

Nice fam I use hps and mhid 600watts and I got two off them good growin

Just Order myself

600 is most effective.

1 Like

Well after doing lots more reading and a ton youtube. I have decided to stick with LEDā€™S ty all who responded, but I belive LEDā€™s are going to get me the results I wanted, but I was confused about grow time. Everything I was reading kept saying 90 days. I thought that was germination to harvest, but itā€™s not as I am sure most of you know. I finally got the in depth explanation I was looking for, only one person I found in my research explained it properly. 30 days seedling then 5-7 weeks veg, and then 8+ for flower. I am sure there are ways to speed some of that process up without cutting corners and I am going to focus my efforts on doing that. Happy growing and stay lit!

I think 9-11 weeks total of seedling and veg is too long for an average. You can cut that down to 6-7 and then transition to 12/12.

2 Likes

Hey grow family so dis is wat i do wen I do seeds so once I have potted it and it start to grow 40days later go in to flower some times I do 50days then in to flower it really like how long you wanna veg for cause flower time will be itā€™s flower time if you really wanna have fast turn round then go in auto cause some are 60days done and other 70-80days thanks and happy growing blessd

1 Like

u can cut the time in half with a perpetual grow,
a veg room and flower room.!!
u can do a true perpetual grow and harvest a plant or 2 or 3 or 4 every 2-4 weeks.!

my veg ā€˜roomā€™ is the same size as the bloom ā€˜roomā€™ with about half the light,
it houses mommas, cloneā€™lings/seedlings, and vegetative plants, if that helps any.!

u can divide your 4x8 tent into 2 rooms and speed up harvests dramatically.!!
a 600H QB over a 4x4 area for flower and a 320w XW on the other 4x4 for veg.

1 Like

@SlowOldGuy @dbrn32 @Sixpackdad @Dman1969 special thanks to each of you. Just an update after this harvest or maybe one more I am going to upgrade for perpetual. I am going to 2 more tents one 4x4 for my clones/seeds the other 4x8 then I will have 2 4x8 for veg/flower. I can seed/clone in solo cups and then move straight into the coco coir 10 gal pot for veg/ flower so my rotation will be complete also upgrading to more lights so I can have a multi strand grow everytime (with a bit of minor crowding). Whole setup is going to cost me some cheddar, but in the long run it will be great! I will be able to pick my medicine basically. The advice and things I have learned from this one thread has been incredible. Happy growing.

5 Likes

with 32 sq ft of constant flower u should have PLENTY of ā€˜medicineā€™.!! LOL
5.5 sq ft provides me and mine with enough, i couldnā€™t imagine 6x more.!!
and i m a terrible grow keeper, none of my plants get excellent care, errrg.!

2 Likes

Well my first harvest wasnā€™t very good, havenā€™t had time or money to start my secondā€¦ I think I am going to get things going a little better this time because I have been lurking and reading. I think I am going to try to grow 1 monster plant in a 4x4 tent and see what happens. I will use a scrog method. I will start a new thread when the time comes and try to post pictures so the great people here can advise me as I go.