Lighting help please!

Right guys help me out please I know I need a new light question is will this be better than the cheap blurple I originally got

1 Like

Looks like your trading one burple for another I would look a another

2 Likes

Any light with a fan in it is going to be a burple. If you want a new light I would suggest getting one built with Samsung LM301 series diodes (B or H.) The Mars is just another cheap burple.

2 Likes

@Dclark hey man I’m new in first grow but have been reading and researching about lights a lot lately, other post looks right u got another burble,
2 ? What is the space ur trying to light up, what’s ur budget ? U answer those 2 things this forum is awesome definitely get some great advice good luck

2 Likes

It’s illegal where I am so I’m not gonna spend hundreds on lights beginning to think this growing bs is more hassle than it’s worth

I need a decent but cheap light

1 Like

That’s about 160 watts @120 volt. I have a 300 watt Mars Hydro and I’m looking to upgrade…

1 Like

Definitely will take a little $ at the beginning but make sure you spend once and not twice.
But yes you will have to spend some cash at first.
Especially on your lights.
That’s the one item you don’t want to be cheap with.
Good luck

3 Likes

Would help if I was closer oldmarine

That light is OK for early veg. It will never be enough to bring even one plant to a decent harvest.

I will be moving to a HLG light soon.

How many more times it’s not legal here hence y I ain’t forking out hundred on a decent light please if you can’t advise do not comment

I need one for both

Personally a Mars would do me I think as it’s only 2.5ft by 2.5 ft and 5.3ft high is the space I need to cover

You can’t get a light that will take you through flower fo less than about $160 US dollars

If you choose to spend less, you will get what you pay for in larfy bud at best

If you are convinced that the Mars is a good option go for it, but I would not expect a lot from it

3 Likes

Just gonna quit this forum I’m asking for recommendations and am getting told not good not good

1 Like

Then go ahead and purchase what ever you can afford my friend.
At the end of the day it’s your grow lol.
:crossed_fingers: good luck

4 Likes

Agreed it’s all you
I just wanted to steer you right and be straight with you

Get what you can manage to and grow some weed😀

4 Likes

What you are being advised is correct. I am sorry that you didn’t like the answers you received.

This is not a cheap or easy endeavor.

BTW. Legal or not… If you got pinched; the coppers would not go easier on you because you had a cheap light.

I will also tell you. The knowledge of the people on here is vast and deep. This is NOT the bridge to be burning.

Good luck.

3 Likes

So what do you recommend

At least this and I think I found a good deal here. Might get myself one

If you’re not into diy I can find a prebuilt one for you if you are interested in that

1 Like