Lighting for seedlings in a tent

Is it necessary to keep my led full spectrum light 4 inches over the top are can i just leave them mounted at the top of the tent.

1 Like

I run 90 watts at around 18 inches for sprouts/seedlings. 24/0 schedule. Distance from plants is dictated by the amount of light you are producing.

4 Likes

2 Likes

200w each

1 Like

I would start around 18-20 inches and adjust height as necessary to control stretch.

2 Likes

Ok thank you do i jave to keep it like that the whole grow this will be my first grow soon as my seeds get here trying to get everything set up now

2 Likes

I vary the distance from the lights throughout the grow to account for stretch. I have plants in different stages of growth always so I keep lights the same and raise my seedlings with risers.
18-24 inches from the canopy/top is pretty standard for most situations.

2 Likes

Ok that helps alot my order is still processing with ilgm i live on the east coast so i got a little time to figure this out but thanks guys really

1 Like

I use a HLG65V2 for seedlings untill a week or two after transplant.

1 Like

I went with the led full spectrum lights are is your better ive been reading on here alot about them

What lights do you have?
For seedlings one light is plenty. They do not need much.
Similar to @Audiofreak I have a 65W light with veg spectrum for seedlings through early veg.

3 Likes

what do you guys think

Good set up but Iā€™d get all those restrictions out of the exhust system.

Thats putting a lot of back pressure on the fan.

4 Likes

That makes sense why im running wide open on max setting and still not cooling like i would like

1 Like

Upgraded what you think

1 Like

That plumbing is much better.