Lighting for my crown royal

Hi , I have a 4x4 x7 tent with 4 crown royal plant that are in 2 week of flower now looking very good
I have 3 - 300w GalaxyHydro led 140 true watt each is it going to be good enough or should I get one more light or something better ?

1 Like

Which one’s are they. The 2nd generation or the one that put off a red color. Just curious. But you’ll probably gonna need one more

It the blue red one

If a 300w led light uses only 140w and 1000w that uses 190w is it really any better ?

No, I don’t believe so. It’s just false advertising I think. Stick with the roleadro lights, I use them. Look into the 300 and 400 watt cobs

1 Like

The problem with all of those metrics is that they tell you nothing about how much light is emitted. Think in terms of how many watts of fluorescent light it takes light a room, then compare it to something like incandescent. That’s pretty much the difference between a cheap led and a really good led.

3 Likes

I would love to build one , I have all kind of aluminum strips for the frame and heat sink , but no idea what strips and driver to buy I see all kinds of leds and cobs

1 Like

What do you have for aluminum? I can see if there’s something to make sense building around that.

Ideally, looking for something at least 1/8” thick. Most of the strips are just slightly less than 1” wide, but there are options. Lengths available in 280mm, 560mm, and 1120mm, so like 11”, 22”, and 44”.

I have 3/16” x 4” x 8’ long and 3/16 angle 1.5 x 1.5 “. 8 ‘ long would appreciate all the help I can get

1 Like

Thanks @dbrn32 @HornHead

So 4” bar stock with 3/16” wall thickness? How many of the 8’ sections do you have?

Can you grab measurements on the inside of your tent? A lot of them aren’t exactly 4’x4’.

6 bars 8’ long A tight 47” square

The type of light I want would only be used in the flowering room , along with my Roleadro 300w led red blue would this cfl help ?

1 Like

Not by much.

I purchase a Roleadro cob light 400w should it be further away from my plants than the 300 W Roleadro?@hornhead , I still would like to build one , maybe a bridge lux one but not sure what driver or light @dbrn32

1 Like

It’s hard to know which driver you need until you select what leds. You want strips right? Do you have a full 48” in both directions on your space?

It a tote 47 x47 inside

Yes strips