Lighting for increased buds

Would like to get some input on lights. I have , at least for now, a 24 inch by 48 inch by 60 inch tent. As for now I have a vipar spectra 450. I know that this size tent limits the number of plants and scrogging helps but would an additional light further the bud yield. Thanks to all that have much more experience than me.

In a 2’x4’ tent you’ll need 400 watts of blurple lighting.
The viparspectra 450 pulls around 200w.
So yes, adding another light would increase your yield.

Viparspectra 450 is only good to flower a 2x2 u need one of equal to get the most out of ur 2x4. I would look into a qb before adding another blurple in the mix

1 Like

Any thoughts on a good qb.

1 Like

I would get an hlg 135w QB kit

1 Like

Or get a 260w and replace ur blurple

3 Likes

Or this from Amazon Amazon.com

1 Like

Thanks, I will look into getting a qb

Np I have the same blurples as u and have been swapping them out

Would the qb you listed be enough or should I use both the qb and the viipar spectra?

1 Like

THe recommended flower footprint for a pair of qb288 boards is 4x2 and will be a good light for seed to harvest. @dbrn32 will know more of the specs but from what I’ve read and seen from peoples grow journals qb’s are one of the best for the money. There is an option to build your own. Super easy as well

1 Like

Thanks I will look for the qb288 board kits

1 Like

U can run that one QB with ur vipar to fill ur area for now then upgrade later to a 288 boards. And expand ur grow lol

Look at the HLG 260xl, perfect for your 2x4x5 tent. They come in kit form and simple to set up! From my understanding and feedback here this is “optimal” for that space.

1 Like

That is what I was thinking because I have the vispar already and will upgrade to qb boards

1 Like

If you want to go with quantum boards, I would say 260xl kit for 2x4.

1 Like

The one @dbrn32 mentions would replace ur vipar and fill ur 2x4 Which is great u could get the 135 w hlg qb kit which would flower 2x2 area for u. Thinking that’s what u really need atm.

1 Like

Hey thecount13, I have the same flower tent as you and run the 260xl on the advice of rdbrn. The light is excellent for that space, almost more than enough.

2 Likes

Same then I moved them to my new room.

Thanks where did you get yours from? I looked on line and found one for $279. Do not know if that’s a good price or not.

1 Like