Lighting for a 4x4 grow tent

That is so true. Once I realized how difficult this can be to grow. I was hooked. I get to learn some thing almost daily with this. I enjoy reading how others over come there issues as well. The community here is awesome too. Hopefully in a year or so. I will be able to contribute some as well. I just started the little Blue Dream autos. I think I should have waited till the other 3 were out of the tent. I may end up getting another 450w light like the other 2 I have to use in the little box where the B.D.'s are at. It may be a pain to use cfl’s for the whole grow since I know the plants bush out. or at least that is my impression after seeing Dieselgrowers. I could always use it to grow one different plant at a time in the small box. Yep, I am optimistic. I am going to learn all this stuff :grin:

3 Likes

you we’re opening and closing the intake for light leaks then?

I am not sure I understand you there. The tent does have a few pin holes as most tents seem to. For me now. it is not a big deal because I am set up with the lights on during the day and off at night. The room the tent is in is dark at night. Even if it wasn’t. I wouldn’t have worried about the pin holes. They are in the corners behind the frame work. I will now be leavening the lower intake open 24/7. I adjusted the lights for day light savings time too. Theoretically. I should be good to go for a while. I think i have a good schedule worked out now. I added the AK to the tent this morning. It is only6 weeks old but if I let it go for 8 weeks. it will throw every thing off.
I am waiting patiently for the 3 GS to let me know if they are male or female. They are on day 9 of flower and show no signs of being male.

1 Like

I was asking why you were opening and closing your intake, as opposed to leaving it open all the time?

Oh, It was because I had my light schedule set so the lights were on at night to act as a heater when these were in the closet. The room the tent is in is pretty bright during the day. If I left the vent open 24/7, There would have been a huge light leak. That was why I had to close them when I first set the tent up. I now have these back to normal with light on during the day. So I can leave the vent open all the time. This is working out great so far. Average temp during the day is 74 and at night 61.
When the plants were in the closet. They seemed to do great when the temps were around there.
I put a small fan in the vent so it pushes some air in there as well. I have it set so every thing runs 24/7 except the lights and out side fan. This is another learning curve for me.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. If it makes more sense to run lights at night (usually does due to heat and off peak power) you can build a light trap to go over/around your passive intake. Can usually be done with cardboard and duct tape.

Up to you either way.

Thanks, I had thought about that. Where I m in Ca. temps are normally pretty stable. Our average during the day is low to mid 70s. nights high 40s to low 50s. Every now and then a week of cooler night time temps. It is easier for me if I can get away with the lights on during the day. If I see issues. I will change back on the next grow. The fan/filter set up seems to keep it really stable in the tent so far. I am always open to any advise though. I still have a lot to learn. I did move the open vent to the side of the tent that gets less light. I did that after reading the vent should be on the opposite side of the filter so it pulls the fresh air past the plants. Makes sense to me.

1 Like

We’re all usually learning something. No sense in fixing anything that’s working either. Just thought I’d throw it out as a potential option if you need it.

1 Like

Hey what is the best 4x4 grow tent

Welcome @ashleyrosa

Gorilla and Vivosun are a couple of great tents. What lights do you plan on using?

1 Like

Heres my 4x4 tent

8 Likes

I love it! :+1::v::bear:

2 Likes

Also I have a 4x4 grow tent. here you can find a list of top 4x4 grow tent.
Link: #9 Best 4x4 Grow Tent Reviews 2022 (Setup VIDEO).

If you need fan for 4x4 grow tent, here is the list.
image 20 Best Fan For Grow Tent - Inline & Oscillating Fan Size Guide