Lighting for a 2X3 Grow Tent

Looks about right if you have the constant current hlg-320, but not if it’s constant voltage hlg.

Is the part number something like hlg-320h-c1750a? Or more like hlg-320h-54a?

It is en route and should be in on Monday as it has to pass customs. On the website it has the make and model blanked out. It’s LEDgrowlightsdepot

Gotcha. Why don’t we wait for it to come in, just so I can be sure I get you the right information. If you get a constant current driver the boards need to be wired as you have in drawing, which is series connected. If they send constant voltage/constant current driver, they need to be wired in parallel.

Boards will work either way, so it’s possible they could send either type. I’m going to assume it will be constant current and just like you have it. But when I start assuming things is usually when trouble strikes lol.

Gotcha! Thx

1 Like

No problem! Just tag me when you get it, and we’ll have you lighting up the neighborhood lol.

1 Like

It is a Constant current: hlg-320h-c1750a

Just like you sketched out above will be perfect then. Let me know when you get it fired up.

Will do! With everything I’m reading I should wear UV protective sunglasses and stand behind a blast shield lol

2 Likes

Actually, they don’t really produce any uv that I’m aware of. But you’ll know if you have them working properly for sure lol. Resist the urge to look at it anyway due to the intensity alone. If you do, you’ll be seeing spots. Kinda like weld flash.

I’m still waiting- been a week so far and now long weekend. Hope it is delivered on Tuesday.

It just came in- took four days for it to pass customs and ended up costing me $28. Urgh! Will work on it tonight or tomorrow and post pictures before I plug her in.

1 Like

Awesome! You’ll get that money back in power consumption per performance in the long run

1 Like

Was thinking…perhaps over thinking…
Should I fuse these wires? I hear it is damn well impossible to kill the boards but was thinking of adding fuses for safety so I don’t have to fear electrocution whenever I touch the heat sink.
Was also going to make a little bracing for the entire board to hide the wiring. Nothing fancy, just a basic aluminum frame. I was thinking of building it so the driver isn’t sitting on the heatsink and adding a couple of computer fans to cook down both the board and driver.
As I just being over cautious and stupid? Lol I don’t mind the work and money to make certain it looks clean and is safe/ cool while running.
I’d be interested for anyone’s feedback. Thx

If I do fuse the wires - what ones should I get?

Should I build the frame and fuse?

A fuse won’t protect you from getting shocked. Depending on the path electrons flow it may or may not blow during the process of getting shocked.

If wired properly, the heatsink shouldn’t ever be energized. If it were to be energized the driver should sense load and go into protection mode. So you would essentially be more concerned about something like that if the light was off when it’s suppose to be on. The simple solution is to make sure electrical connections are solid, and then unplug the light if you feel like messing with it.

Frame is fine, most of my lights have some sort of frame. Just depends on your personal preference.

1 Like

Thanks! I ironically just saw a video about the driver being attached to the board because it acts as a safety as you just explained.
Thanks again! I will post some pictures when I start putting it together.

Where was the video, YouTube? You can link here if it was, I’d like to see. There are ups and downs with doing that, should be solid if it’s a metal cased driver.

I’ll look again and link.

1 Like

Starting to put it together tonight

1 Like