Lighting cycle and timing

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

Hello. I am growing your sour diesel strain. On the site it says 9 - 10 weeks for flower. I’m just not sure if it’s 9 - 10 weeks from the point where I changed my lite cycle or 9 - 10 weeks from when the first bud tops started (about two weeks after lite cycle change). Thanks in advance for your reply!

That would be after transition to flower.

1 Like

It’s when the flowers actually showed on the plants. I just finished growing the sour diesel and it took 10 weeks from when the flowers (white pistils) came out.

First , I would like to welcome you to ILGM

It’s saying it take about 9 to 10 weeks to flower then you’ll have the flower cycle

will 48

Thanks for the warm welcome and feedback!

This is my sd plant at 2 weeks after being put in my bloom tent. I guess the general consensus here is that I start counting my 9-10 weeks from this point? My main focus is not so much the plants/ buds maturity (I will determine that by the tricombs) but timing the 2 weeks of flushing I want to get in.

Thanks again everyone!

1 Like

It looks like the SD is just beginning to flower to me. My last grow SD took about 12 weeks, but I didn’t have the light I really needed until week 6 of flower.

Yes. Correct. This was exactly two weeks into the drastic 12/12 light cycle change… I am using a 400w hps in a 4x4 tent by the way… coming along very nicely! Tight dense buds. About 1 more month!

I learned so much from this plant! Clones, topping, super cropping, bud tipping, lst… man, you name it, I done it! So much fun. Gonna split the stem 1 week before I take her down too!

1 Like

Here’s a few shots from today. Poor lighting for photos under the hps but yeah… pretty happy. 1 month away! Expecting big things!

5 Likes