Lighting cfl or better

I need help I have for 45 watt bulbs CFL equivalent equivalent to 100 watt daylight I have a 251 day lite CFL is there anything that I can use that will not kill me on my electric bill please help

CFLs are one of the better “small grow” alternatives and you need about 45 watts of actual power per square foot of canopy. I don’t understand what the other light is, 251 watt equivalent? 251 actual watts?

~MacG

zooman says:

What I mean is I have a 250 watt bulb cfl I have 4 bulbs that are 45 watts equivalent to 100 watt daylight I grow one at a time in a tent a a total of 650 watt daylight

The question is not answered. How many actual watts. Equivalent watts are useless, it means nothing as far as growing is concerned. I only want to know the actual watts. All these other numbers just confuses the issue.

You might have enough light, what is the area you are trying to light? How much canopy of plant, square feet?

~MacG

zooman says:

I think that the tent is 3-4-5 I have 4 45 watt and a 250 watt cfls sorry for the miss under standing

Again, not an answer, 3-4-5 what?

The 250 watt actually uses 250 watts at the plug?

~MacG

zooman says:

Yes I have 4 bulbs at 45 watt cfls I have 1 bulb at 250 watt cfl. My tent is 4 by4 by 5 stoner I was looking for something different that will make my buds a little better without killing my Electric bill.

Hey I’m not sure quite how to create a topic, but here is my question. I just germinated some strawberry kush seeds and I’m on day 15 so far. They seem to look healthy but they seem to be growing at a slow pace.

There is a picture I took yesterday if it will let you see it. I have 3 100w CFL bulbs putting off 1600 lumens each and I was wondering if that was enough light for my 2 plants? I was thinking they were growing so slowly because they were not getting enough light. I will take all the help I can get!

Thanks!