Lighting beginner

He is in coco, ph should be 5.5-6

2 Likes

FF Coco Loco is a mixture of coco and aged forest products.
FF reccomends 6.00 ph, being mixed with Mother Earth Coco may lower that. 5.8 to 6.0 would probably work
@PharmerBob what do you think :thinking:

1 Like

Truthfully no clue when did coco not become coco anymore?

6.0 coco pic

6.5-6.8 for mother earths coco…

6.3 and chelate with acids?

1 Like

I have several HLG 260.
I used my kill-a-watt meter and took watt readings at each click.
My top end is in fact 250w and going down a click at a time, it is not a straight line but close

Actually the one with a mean well drive topped out at 289
For those that love numbers

HLG 260W V2 Rspec Inventr MW Inventr
Driver
1 2 3
Max 252 287 250
Min 31 6 31
clicks 2 63 53 68
4 144 131 150
* 6 211 220 221
8 252 289 251
10 252 289 251
3 Likes

Thanks for the valuable information everyone :grinning: :+1:

That is a lot of information for my small brain to handle.

1 Like

Depends on the quality of your lights. Dang I wish I was on my PC and not this old iPhone! There is a big difference between Amazon lights and top of the line LEDs.

Coco Loco is a mixture of Coco and soil. That’s why I mentioned it, in reference to ph. FF recommends 6.0 ph, Mother Earth is 70% Coco 30% perlite. You had accurately pointed out 5.5-6 ph. I was just wondering if having soil mixed in would make a difference in ph. No big deal, just curious what you thought. :+1:

I looked up mother earths coco and google told me 6.5

Ur light will most likely have a slight click for each set on the dimmer. 10 clicks should be. Each click should be roughly 10%power drawn if u can’t act hlg over email and ask them for a dimmer spec sheet for your light they will send u one over email will tell a rough estimate on what it light has for power on each click on the dimmer I had the sheets but got a new phone and lost them all. Sux but ya live and learn eeh. Nice light bub. Make sure if u have little black rubber plugs on the driver that u turn both up all the way or the light won’t be at its fullest power

1 Like

I don’t know what the ph is in the soil but I do know that it becomes whatever pH you water it with…if you water it with high pH then that’s what it becomes and Vice verca…

I use a Watt meter to measure the light intensity and to me that’s very accurate than guessing what ever the dial might be saying…thanks for the advice…

1 Like