Lighting and nutrients help

So I have been growing for a while nite it’s more of a solid hobby than on the side but what I really wanted to know is what do you guys do for successful growth I’m on autos now but considering photos next. What do you use and how often do you feed and water I’m currently at every two days with coco worm.casting and verm but use remo nutrient line I’m really pushing the organic next with veg and bloom just to eliminate some steps with the whole watering drain I process what do you think is best and what else should I try I’m also running Mars Hydro ts600 in a 3x3x6 on 12/12 any suggestions there please let me know thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Are you looking for day time heat or to keep a little extra in for nights? @Myfriendis410 showed me his easy set up to keep temps from dropping to much. Works in a small tent. We both use it in a 2x4 tent. He fills a 5 gallon bucket up with water. And uses a 300w aquarium heater turned all the way up. It keeps my tent from going below 61 on cold nights. A good temp for me. For an actual heater for my big tent or room. I have a small space heater. But it can be an electricity gobbler. Works best when you exhaust fan is set on a timer so all the head doesn’t go right out the window. :grin:
Hope this helps a little

I got this one here

1 Like

Hey thanks well I’m trying to get below 82 so the actual opposite😎 any suggestions

Man go with photos I was all about (fast autos) but once I found the art of designing your plant with photos is so much more satisfying Iv used fox farm nutes and the ilgm nutes and honestly my favorite so far is The fox farm top dress nutes so much Easier feeding once a month then every other day the happy from flower top dress has done wonders

1 Like

Are those photos there

Sorry. I am not sure where I read any thing about heat :roll_eyes: I use either Jacks or GH. The GH seems to favor the autos more than the Jacks. The jacks is doing good on my photos and is super easy to use. I grow in coco as well. I am watching this. I just saw some one else using a line that was only one step. I am sure I will stumble back on it :grin:

Cool will check it out as well

In my opinion everything starts with the light. The mars is a decent light but according to their published specs it is a 100w light. In a tent your size that is undersized. A good rule of thumb is 32 watts per square foot.

Cool thanks so I’ll def keep the other 2 going have you seen the review for the ts1000 what are the specs of that it’s really bright though just a figure in my 3x3 I need at least 300 watts?

That sounds right. Remember. It is not only about watts. The coverage area is also important. More watts doesn’t always meed a big increase in coverage area. A vipar 600 is 237w But flowering coverage is only a 2x2 area. Just as an example

1 Like

Can you list a couple light recommendations maybe that I can purchase off amazon

You said top dress nutes. I will be using the 2 part soluble nutes from fox farm. Cultivation Nation. Are these what you are talking about? I’m growing 2 autos. What is your feed schedule?

No these arnt powered they are a fert mix you mix in your top soil once a month and just want with ph balanced water

1 Like

2 Likes

I see. Ok awesome! Thought I would ask because I will top dress these nutes. Im a beginner so I can use the advice. Idk anyone that uses Cultivation Nation. Im in fox farms soil, ocean forest on bottom and happy frog on top. They say I don’t need to add anything until about 3 to 4 weeks.

2 Likes

Yep your girls will be fine first month

2 Likes

Great. Thank you!

1 Like

@Damixe2020 I could but you will get better info from @dbrn32. He got me pointed in the right direction.
Just let him know what size area you want to cover and how much you want to spend.

1 Like

For a 3x3?

1 Like

Hi and yes